Chapter 43 - Moment Of Anger

Currently the minister mansion was bustling with happiness and joy. The hall was filled with ladies and young girls while Madam Urvi was playing the act of host. Miyara and Myra were chatting young ladies happily.

"This handkerchief is so pretty. Where did you but it?" A young girl around 15 asked.

"Oh, it's newly arrived design of Silk-Thread. I just bought it yesterday" the girl who was holding the purple silk handkerchief smiled. She flaunted the handkerchief for everyone to see.

"Zara, I really liked the peony design. And this communication of mustard and blue thread, it's really enhanced the flower embroidery " another girl complimented.

Zara smiled "when I saw this handkerchief, I fell in love with it instantly. I had to force my mother to buy it" she laughed.

"Zara, how much it cost?" Miyara asked smiling.

"It's 200,000 silvers"

"What? That high for a handkerchief?" Myra almost yelled making other ladies give a weird look at her.

"What are you saying? For a Silk-Thread to sell a handkerchief with 200,000 silvers is considered cheap enough. Do you even know Samragyee herself bought a handkerchief for her niece worth 600,000 silvers which was plain with a rose flower?" One of the girl said.

"So what's important in it?" Myra rolled her eyes.

Zara frowned not liking her attitude "you should pay more attention to the socialism Myra because I fear of you keep saying like that you will be left far behind"

"What do you mean?" Myra glared at her.

Zara chuckled "do you even know what are you saying? To criticize the best shop of the capital like this you are really disgracing the whole society. Do you even know how much this mustard and blue gradient silk thread cost? It takes 300,000 silvers per spool of silk threads. So measuring the amount they are generous enough to sell it 200,000 silvers which already cost them 100,000 silver at lost"

Myra felt embarrassed hearing it. These days she was staying in the manor simply because of her last scandal her mother didn't allowed her to go outside. And even if she goes out she could not enter Silk-Thread either. The shop already banned the minister house from visiting. Her face blushed red from embarrassment and she couldn't utter any word. The girls didn't paid any attention and continued to chat to themselves.

On the other side the ladies were drinking and laughing. A middle aged woman wearing pink cloths said "Madam, it's really kind of you for inviting us to have such a joyous day. This is really eventful"

Madam Urvi smiled "what madam is saying? I thought I have been out of social attachment because of works in the manor, so it would be great to have some good moment "

"Samrat's birthday is about to begin. As the most favoured minister in the court, what does minister planning to gift Samrat?" Another madam asked.

"It's husband 's choice. How can I as a mere, wife could interfere with his work? I just wanted to help him handing the manor matter. About other things, father and husband could decide it" Madam Urvi replied tactfully.

"You are generous. Looks like minister really dots on you" other madam teased.

"Such nonsense " Madam Urvi blushed.

"Well, where is Miss Ahza? Didn't you said she will also join this tea celebration?"

"Of course. I have already invited her. This child being so busy all days, she must be tired thays why she is little late" Madam Urvi smiled.