Chapter 13 - Exiled From The Family

The hall of the Minister Mansion was fell in utter silence, only the tick tick sound of the tip cane stick colliding the floor echoed. Sanand glared at the two girls standing infront of him. He was enjoying his meal when suddenly Madam Urvi sent a maid informing him about the trouble the two despicable girls were making in the mansion. He angrily slammed the the bottom of his of stick on the floor which made a loud click.

"What I am hearing today?" Sanand couldn't help but grit his teeth. "don't you two have other works than giving me head ache?"

"Father please don't get angry, it will hurt your health " Madam Urvi hurried over "they are still young and don't understand how things works. Please calm yourself and let me talk to them" She out a warm smile then turned to Shay and Nandini.

"Shay don't be rackless. Though I am not your real mother but I am your aunt a d related to you closely. Besides after your parents it's my responsibility to give you a good life. You know Miyara is about to get married. But you are her elder sister, if you don't get married first how can she leave this house and start a new life? You are an understanding girl, you should take responsibility against your sister" she said smoothly putting all the burdens on Shay.

Her meaning in actual way was since she was the elder one and Miyara could not get married before her Shay need to take this responsibility and marry to whoever they choose and give Miyara a way out from being embarrassed. As a elder sister it's her duty. So out of respect and Shay need to agree to their proposal. But what Madam Urvi didn't know was, the one who refused was not Shay herself but Nandini who didn't seem to be pleased by the pleasentry words spoke by her.

Responsibility? Nandini smirked inwardly. From the death of their parents they had never taken the responsibility words yet now for their selfish need they are pushing the burden of responsibility on their shoulders.

Sanand who was seated on the head of the family place nodded in agreement "we have taken care of you all these years, and now it's time for you two to be little mature and share the burden of the family" his words sounds like the most righteous one to do.

Nandini smiled "I think grandfather here is mistaking something"

Sanand glared at her. How dare this girl talk back to him? How could he endure such behaviour.

"Nandini watch your tongue, do you even know what are you saying?" Madam Urvi glared at her.

"Am I wrong?" Nandini threw back the question. She tilted her head "if us sisters were taken care of all these years, then why would we eat plain vegan food every day and night from our own expenses? Why we have to live in such a shabby place where others finds disgusting even to step in? Why we had to pawn things to allow ourselves to survive? Why we had to wear the torn cloths stitching them?is this called as cared? Then I would like to know the true meaning of this word care from you madam"

Madam Urvi was tongue tied. She has never taken a glimpse of the two poor girls living in the shabby house for all these years. She has never cared how they live or ear to survive. Her all care was the pretence during some formal occasions. Now that all the questions threw back publically, she blushed with embarrassment.

Sanand clicked the floor with his stick again "how dare you? You lowly life dared to question her elder? Is this what your parents taught you?" He pointed his fingers towards them.

Nandini didn't get angry yet smiled "our parents were not fortunate enough to live a life to teach us things. Besides after them it's Madam's duty to teach us yet since she didn't cared about it in the first place then can grandfather blame us about it?"

Sanand was so angry that he almost vomited blood. His chest were rising as he breathed heavily "you unfilial adolescents" he shouted "how dare you question your elders like this? Who do you think you are?"