• Chapter one •

Y/N'S POV

My heart feels so heavy. I continued kicking the stone on the street as I walked further. I let out a sigh filled with frustration. My ears heard the giggled coming behind me and I spotted a couple as I stared at them. My brain suddenly getting a flash back of the event that took place at my best friend Jen's house. Or a mansion?

Flashback

Today was Sunday so as usual I was chilling somewhere in Seoul and was having good time until I received a call from jen. She was crying and when i heard the reason behind her tears I immediately went to her house.
"My father wants me to get married with someone." That sentence left me speechless. Jen had a boyfriend. Although her parents didn't know anything about Ken cause she wasn't allowed to date a guy who didn't match her so called standards. But Jen didn't gave a flying fuck about anything when she set her eyes on this guy with curly brown hairs and hazel eyes in the first year of our college. Jung Ken.

They both were in love so madly that I couldn't imagine them being separate. Being the only witness of their love tho.

"You can't do that to her!" I exclaimed while eyeing her father. Han jisung. He is the richest and rudest man I've ever came across too. Man was in his late 30s but had attitude problems like early twenties. I would've cared if I gave a damn about his richness but I don't. Humans heart and actions makes richer than the money in their pockets. And in this case han jisung was so poor. "Who are you to say that?" He eyed me like a prey. I knew I was in his hate forever list at the top and so was he in mine. I didn't hate him completely but I never liked him enough too. "Sir. You have no right to ruin her life." I politely stated as I glanced at Jen who was standing few feets away from me.

She looked down with numb face. Her eyes stopped crying and it hurt so much seeing her like that. Jen was the only thing I had close to family and friend and all I wanted was her to stay happy even if it meant I had to fight with her father , I would.

"Oh so now! You will tell me what's good for my daughter and whats not?" Jisung asked while throwing his hands in air. I sighed while closing my eyes. "I'm in no place to tell you that. I'm here to tell you that she can't get married with someone else when she is already in love with ken. They both love each other. Give them a chance." His eyes darkened at the mention of ken. "You don't know how to shut that mouth or yours, do you?" Jen's mother. Han sunmi, said. I internally rolled my eyes. Her family seriously gave me those rich families in drama vibes. Typical rich strict cold hearted parents with an timid and soft child.

Jen was practically million times richer than me but I couldn't help feeling pity for her at the moment.

"I didn't say anything wrong. Jen is an adult and she can take her own decisions until she is forced." I snapped at them. If looks could kill then I would've been dead since so long. "Stay out of our family matters. You're no one to talk between us." Her mother said. I turned my head towards Jen again. It made think about all the good memories we have together. We weren't just best friends. We were so much more than that. "I'm her best friend. I have a full right to talk. You're taking a wrong decision and I won't let you ruin her life." I said while turning towards her parents.

"You're an outsider. An outcast. A girl who doesn't belong to this society and I despise you." Jisung pointed his finger at me. His words were sharp like knife but I'd care less and let them hit me. I won't. I wasn't that weak. "I don't give a damn what you think about me but I had this little hope that you'd have better place for your daughter in your heart." I sadly smiled and sighed.

His face turned with anger. He marched towards me but I didn't step back. "You-" "Calm down.." his wife stopped him as he let out a frustrated sigh and ran his fingers through his hairs. "I don't want to see you in my house. Get out!" Sunmi exclaimed as I shrugged. "I'm not going anywhere until you change your decision. Either you change your decision or Jen is going with me." I said as their eyes enlarged. I could feel Jen's eyes enlarging too. She was an obedient kid and the only time she went against her parents was... being friends with me. "See? See that?! I told you she was an bad influence! She still is! A girl like her would never understand what I'm trying to do for you!" Jisung yelled at Jen's face. I fisted my hands to calm myself. "Instead of yelling, why don't you ask her what she wants?" I asked.