"A onetime enemy with whom you've grown nauseatingly intimate." Elijah quips, making me fake cough to cover my laugh.

   "Who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Niklaus replies.

   "And I repeat 'gross'." I fake gag.

   "One would think you'd be a little more interested in attending to the needs of the mother of your child." Elijah tells him.

   "Woah, woah. Leave me out of this." I put my hands up in surrender.

   "You need not worry about her." Nik tells Elijah as he walks out of the Compound. "I have that under control."

   "I'm not something you can control!" I yell after him. I cross my arms and glance at Elijah. "Your brother in infuriating."

   "Are we to pretend you don't enjoy his company." He smirks teasingly.

   I groan. "Not you too. I'm not into your egotistical brother."

   "Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself?" He replies.

   "I don't know anymore." I mutter as my phone rings.

   "Hey, Hayley." I smile.

  "Hey, do you mind coming to the Bayou?" She asks me.

   "Why?" I question.

   "You just gotta see this." She speaks.

    "Okay. I'll be there soon." I tell her and hang up.

   "I'm headed to the Bayou; I'll be back later." I tell Elijah.

   "Okay." He nods. "Call if you need anything." I send him a thumbs up and leave him to his renovations. 

___________________

   When I pull up to the cabin I'm greeted with a large crowd. Definitely more people then are in the Crescent pack. Hayley and Eve are on the porch of the cabin. Confusion taking over me I head in their direction.

   "What's going on?" I ask them when I'm close enough. "Who are all these people?"

   "They've come from all over. All the packs." Eve says.

   "Why?" Hayley questions. "To see a baby that isn't even born yet?" I instinctively place my hand on my belly.

   "They're here to see my baby?" I question in disbelief.

   "Forget the baby." Oliver says to us as he walks out of the cabin. "These freaks, they come here to see you guys. You know, given the place Hayley's parents held in pack hierarchy, maybe they think you're gonna be the long-lost werewolf messiah or something,"

   "Great." Hayley sighs. "No pressure or anything." Oliver's phone rings and he walks off to answer it. 

   "I know you've been kind of trying to keep your distance from this." Hayley says looking at me.

   "It's alright." I shrug with a smile. "I only mean to avoid everything related to my biological mom. But, if you need me I'm here."

   "Thank you." She smiles.

   "Always." I nod at her.

__________________

   Elijah arrived at the Bayou to speak to Jackson and Hayley. So, the three of them, plus Oliver and I, move to a more private area to speak. He was here to tell them about the witches festival.

   "Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend." Elijah explains.