Ch52: Sisters

Grimm's POV:

Mom can be so scary sometimes. When I saw her appear amid our fight I felt a little bit of pee come out and she didn't even come toward me. I have no idea how that skeleton held his own against her though I suppose she didn't really want to fight him.

Lucille: Grimm! You're back!

Before I can tell what's going on, I'm swept up into a warm embrace. Smiling, I hug her back as she spins me around. 

Lucille: How's my baby sister?

Me: She's fine, I think.

Lucille: What's happened now?

Me: I think mom might be mad with me again.

She sets me down at that and pulls me aside so that we're no longer in the midst of the street. After finding a table to sit at, she orders some dessert for us to eat together before giving me her full attention. I tell her everything, from the moment we left to the chase to mom coming in to save the day then sending me off to "have fun" without addressing what just happened.

I also tell her about how she knocked out a bunch of guards from the city who dared to approach her and at that, even my big sister flinches.

Me: I'm screwed, aren't I?

Lucille: Now, now. I'm sure a little rest will-

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

A large explosion goes off in the distance and upon hearing it, what little hope I had left dies. Slumping entirely, my forehead slams against the table as I bury my face in my hands. I'm so dead...

Lucille: I'm sure that has nothing to do with her or you.

????: Let me go! If she wants a fight-

Turning towards the noise, I find Miss Shuna walking with a girl that looks remarkably similar to me what with her pink hair and all. She seems, at the very least, flustered about something.

Shuna: Lady Milim, if you go back and fight Queen Myra you'll upset Lord Rimuru and-

Milim: But-

Shuna: No buts.

Lucille: I take it back sis. It seems life has it out for you after all.

She pats my head as I return to my crying but we're soon interrupted by the passing duo.

Milim: Hey! You were with her, weren't you!

Shuna: Lady Milim-

Milim: Come and face me!

Lucille: Are you talking to me?

Lucille stands and everyone backs away as she all but towers above the rest of the street. I know what she's doing but I remain quiet, choosing instead to simply enjoy the show. By doing so, however, I seemingly earn the ire of her challenger.

Milim: I'm talking to the pink-haired copycat who has the audacity-

Lucille: Is that so. What business do you have with my little sister?

Milim: Your...wait, so that means you're both her daughters!

Without warning, she powers up an attack but it never arrives as Reign seemingly appears out of nowhere and blocks her attack.

Reign: Yes, we're all her daughters, meaning if you pick on one of us you pick on all.

Milim: Where the hell did you come from?

Me: Reign!

She turns and winks at me before refocusing on an increasingly agitated Milim. None of us gets to explore the situation further, however, as Miss Shuna intervenes.

Shuna: Please excuse us. We were just on our way.

Milim: But-

Shuna all but pushed her along and away from us, mouthing sorry our way as she does. Lucille laughs and retakes her seat but Reign, after ensuring that Milim is truly leaving, starts walking away.

Lucille: Now, now. Why not join us?

Reign: I'm not hungry.

Lucille: I'm sure and yet I never invited you to come eat now did I?

Reign: I'm not going to be the odd one out.

Lucille: Then you can eat alongside us. We're all family, aren't we?

Reign: I-

Me: Please? Pretty please?

I summon all the pleading I can muster and after some hesitation, she grabs one of the chairs from an empty table and joins us at our table. As if it were all planned, the server returns at that very moment with the various desserts.

Reign: A bit excessive, isn't it?

Despite her words, her stomach growls in anticipation earning laughter from both our big sis and me. Reign goes red from embarrassment and tries to hide her face but Lucille reaches across the table and pulls her hands away.

Lucille: Come now, eat your fill. There's much more to come.