Ch15: Summoning (P1)

Me: So, this is about as good a spot as any, don't you think Camille?

Camille: Yes, your majesty.

Me: You know... you don't have to keep addressing me as, your majesty.

Camille: Would you prefer mistress as Lady Cecilia uses, your majesty?

Me: It's shorter and far less blatant. I'll take it, especially since I get the sense that you'd never agree to call me by name and nothing more. 

Camille: As you wish. 

Me: Now then, have the men stand guard. I'm not to be interrupted during this process. 

Camille: Won't you require the bodies for such a summoning, assuming you'll be summoning a demon?

Me: [Athena, what do you think? Can it be done without killing a ton of people?]

Athena: [It can. You have many skills capable of achieving the same or better results including but not limited to, Genesis.]

Me: [What do you recommend?]

Athena: [You could create a body specifically to serve as a host. It would be as strong as the entity placed in it but nothing more. Thus all its strength would come from the individual(s).]

Me: [What's the catch?]

Athena: [There isn't any really but this method would see said demon(s) not tied by Blood Oath as you would essentially be creating a corpse.]

Me: [No matter. We can sort that out later. For now, it's your time to shine. Get me, strong individuals.]

Cecilia steps back as I walk to the centre of the clearing and crouch down to place my hands on the ground. As soon as my skin touches the grass, the ground begins shaking. Genesis activates soon after and forms two bodies. I didn't specify an amount but I suppose she figures these two individuals will match my requirements on their own. 

Athena: [Now beginning summoning. Target, Primordial Blanc.]

A rune circle extends from my position and encompasses one of the bodies. Seconds later, a white smoke like presence rises from the circle and settles over the body. The men gasp as it enters it and disappears. It's a good thing I chose to do this out in the open where we wouldn't come across others. Even Camille has her hand on her sword. If this is how they are all reacting because of a little smoke, imagine what they'd do if this was done in the city and the body stood up. 

????: I-

Athena: [I suggest showing your powers a bit.]

Me: [Won't that just cause my own men to drop dead?]

Athena: [Not with Coercion. In that scenario, they'd only faint.]

Me: [Dead or unconscious, it still defeats the purpose of having guards.]

????: I have one request. 

Me: Oh? Besides the body, you have received? 

????: I would like a drop of your blood.

Camille and the guards all draw their swords at this but I tell them to stand down. I'm curious but even more importantly, amused. I wonder why she'd want my blood. Maybe she's hoping to forge some pact or put a curse on me? Either way, this should prove most entertaining to watch.

Me: Very well. Though I hope you won't come to regret this decision later. 

Camille protests but relents when she sees I am determined to continue. She steps back as the demon kneels before me, opening her mouth expectantly. Smiling, I remove the glove from one of my hands and prick my index finger. My blood, running rather freely, easily produces more than a few drops and as each drop touches her tongue, she changes further and further from being deathly pale to a more natural skin tone. Her blush even deepens. I guess my blood must be quite delicious.