"Where are you going?" Nik inquires but he ignores him. "Someone has to account for this."

   "You want revenge, get it yourself." Marcel tells him. "That mark is tied to some bad mojo." He says pointing to the dead. "Any of y'all got any brains you'll head back to the Compound and stay the hell out of this." Marcel turns and leaves.

   "Yeah, right." I mutter knowing Nik isn't going to let this go.

   "We're gonna find whoever did this, and I will show them what suffering is." Nik announces to the other vampires as I roll my eyes.

___________________

   Niklaus and the vampire decided to bring the dead back to the Compound. Once we arrived Nik informed Elijah. Nik, Diego, a few other vampires, and I stood in the courtyard as Elijah examined the bodies.

   "Remarkably, I don't disagree." Elijah says. "However, I would like to know where they learned such dark magic. I had hoped never to see that symbol again."

   "You've seen this before?" I ask gesturing to the bodies.

   "I recall it is the signature of a fool who once stood against us." Nik answers. "Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks. I'll do for him as I did the other. Diego." Niklaus address the vampire. "When night falls, I want you to gather every vampire in the Quarter. Get me the head of whoever did this and put it on a stick."

   "Yeah. That's gonna be a problem." Diego says. "Everyone is freaked out, man. We haven't had witches killing vampires in a long time. Marcel made sure of that."

   "Marcel has run off like a scared child." Nik replies. "You lot are left with me." He tells Diego before address the other vampires. "Now, who of you will fight to defend our home?" No one speaks up. "Not a single one of you will stand with me, so afraid are you of this new threat? You should know better. I'll handle this myself." Niklaus exits the Compound determined to find out what's going on.

_______________________

   Hayley and I were hanging out, killing time, in the courtyard with Elijah. Niklaus was still out chasing down whatever or whoever the new threat is. and I figure it's better to stay with people then go back to being a recluse. No matter how much I want to. Hayley got up from our table and took a couple steps in Elijah's direction. He had been awful quite and every few minutes he tries calling someone.

   "Rebekah is not answering my calls." Elijah informs me and Hayley. My eyebrows scrunch together and worry floods my body.

   "You worried about whoever killed those day walkers still being out there?" Hayley asks.

   "Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this." He says. "She's very displeased with Niklaus perhaps even conspiring with others." He looks over at Thierry, who is drinking a couple tables away.

   "Or she's in trouble." I add standing and following them over to where Thierry is.

   "Thierry, is it?" Elijah asks him.

   "That's right."

   "My sister is rather fond of you." Elijah replies. "Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men." I cough to cover a laugh at his insult. "Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?"

   "I don't know what you're--" Thierry starts to say but Elijah interrupts him by vamp speeding him into the hallway and up against the wall, his hand gripping his throat. Hayley and I look at each other before quickly following.

   "You can either tell me what you know or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter." Elijah threatens.

   "She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff." Thierry chokes out. "I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."