Chapter 59: 1st Night

Beginne am Anfang

No matter what such creatures were truly horrendous.

Upon seeing the two archangel charging towards the monsters ranks without fear, the soldiers stationed on the wall were then completely stunned silent as they witnessed everything from afar. but all of their stunned state soon ended when the monsters at the far side of the formation quickly bypassed the two archangels range and charged directly towards the wall. With that the leading soldier quickly gave out an order

"Monsters from the left and right are ignoring the fighters at the middle, their charging towards us... Everyone to your battle stations!!!"

"Roger that!!!"

Under those orders the soldiers then hastily picked up their weapons and crossbow as they soon impacted with the charging forces of the monsters.

Seeing that there were monsters attacking the town's wall, Michael then quickly slashed off the monster in front of him as he plans to dashed back to the wall to provide a heavy support. But as if reading his mind, a huge ape like monster then took ahold of the end his cloak and threw him farther into the monster rank, as if they were preventing him from aiding the pitiful humans on the wall.

After getting thrown away forcefully, Michael then rolled backwards as he goes to the flow of the momentum  before slashing off all enemies near his vicinity.

"Tsk!"

As the monsters were flooding him in  no matter how many he kills, the ape like monster then jumped towards his direction and slammed its both huge hands towards him. Taking immediate action, Michael then blocked the attack from the monster causing a huge crater to imprint unto the ground just by the force of the impact.

Gritting his teeth Michael then pushed off the ape looking monster using his own strength and plans to deliver a follow up slash right across its chest. However before he could even swing his sword, one of the head of the three headed lion then bite down his hand while the other two plunged their fangs on his shoulder, causing Michael to groan in pain.

As if having its movements restrained, the ape looking monster then revealed a huge grin as it delivered a straight punch with a force of 40 kg right to Michael's face. But the moment it landed a hit, Michael simply glared back at it as he spit out a small amount of blood to the ground and replied.

"Is that all you got?"

Feeling insulted the ape looking monster then punched Michael all over his front as it roared in anger from fury. But the moment his 20th punch landed, Michael then suddenly raised up his left leg and instantly delivered a straight kick towards the ape, causing it to fly away.

After that he quickly exploded his mana which vaporized the three headed lion that was biting him down , before taking a hold of his sword upwards and slashing it down to cause a tsunami wave of fire to cover about 1/8 of the snow covered mountain.

Following that Michael then appeared before the ape looking monster as he instantly punched it to the face with the force of 180kg which instantly blew off its head in a single punch, causing blood to splatter everywhere.

In a single punch the ape looking monster was instantly killed off.

While Michael was busy taking care of his side, Sandalphon on the other hand was having the time of her life as she sliced off the monster all around her, while also taking moments to dodge their attacks.

"Slash to the right... slash to the left... upwards slash... side slash... full 360 slash...jump back to the left... jump back to the right with a slash... overhead dodge... thrust... flip over... impact..."

As she stated out her moves, she somehow effectively deals with her opponent without any effort at all, its like slicing them off were a piece of cake.

At that moment as she simply crushed the head of an ape looking monster with her left hand, she then glanced back towards the town as she saw the humans slowly being overtaken by the monsters on the wall. Seeing that Michael was busy on his own right, Sandalphon then sighed internally as she dashed back to the wall and  sent out a purple lightning strike towards the gates of the town, completely blowing off the blocking monster.

After that when she reached the gates of the town, she then saved numerous soldier at the brink of death as she easily sliced off the monster's head before creating a barrage of lightning strikes towards the approaching monsters.

"Is everyone okay?" asks Sandalphon

"Ye... Yes!"

"Great! you guys regain your position while i block the gates, I'll make sure not one of the monsters may enter the town" said Sandalphon

"U... Understood!!!"

"Where is the soldier in charge?" asks Sandalphon

"He... he's dead! he got buried on that pile of monsters" said by the soldier who pointed at the mountain of corpses

Seeing that the leading soldier was buried under the heavy corpse, Sandalphon then regarded that leader as dead. With that she then turned towards the soldier near her as she gave her own orders.

"Alright! then you will lead the remaining men"

"Huh?"

"You lead them and order them around to survive, the only voice than can overwritten your order are mine, do you understand?" asks Sandalphon

"Ye...yes mam!"

With that Sandalphon simply nodded as she goes back to the gates of the town's wall and stood firm on its path.

"Come at me! Lets see if you can pass through me"

*********

With Sandalphon stationing herself by the wall, Michael then had more leeway on the battlefield as he does not have anything to worry anymore regarding the safety of the pitiful humans. With a slight chuckle, he then charged forth in an unbending flame as he scorched the monsters he passed by with his own flames.

When multiple ape looking monsters tried to take him down, Michael simple executed them in the fastest manner as  charged forth towards his next crowded location. Some of the reptilian monster even tried to ambush him right under the snow when he suddenly spun around to dodge the attack and instantly cut the reptilian monster in half.

After that he then faced off once more with a six armed bear as the monster menacingly and aggressively attacked Michael in every possible manner. Unfortunately such random attacks wont deter Michael's concentration as he effectively dodged all of the attacks before resorting to cutting off its arms before finally killing it through decapitation.

After some time even a huge three headed lion then came into view as it lounged towards him and bitted down his arm. Having his arm once more restrained in the mouth of the three headed lion, he was then dragged around as he crashed to numerous obstacles including, dirt, rock's, corpses, and protruding horn from some dead monster.

When he got dragged around, Michael then gathered his destructive mana unto his left fist and quickly plunged a jab towards the three headed lion's right eye, forcing it to show an opening which ended its life with a single slash.

There was even a time when some pack of six eyed wolves ganged up on him forcing him to take necessary measures to take them all down, nevertheless he confronted all of this monsters and won against any one of them.

While Sandalphon was the unmovable rock of the town's gate, Michael himself was the devil of the battlefield as his kills raked up to more than about a thousand of monsters dead. despite that such numbers were still far from enough to eliminate all of its forces.

By the strike of 5 hours of nonstop battles, both Sandalphon and Michael finally showed signs of exhaustion as sweat dripped down their faces. At this moment they have probably killed around 20,000 monsters, far from half the number of the monster force. Despite the battle far from its end, both of them had already considerably gathered a mountain of corpses.

But just at the strike of 12:00 on earth's time a sharp long whistle then echoed out throughout the battlefield as all of the remaining monsters retreated back towards the deep of the mountains. Upon seeing the retreating monsters, Both Michael and Sandalphon then immediately knew that something or someone was behind of this attacks.

***ReadatWebnovel***