49. Dance Mom

Luna's POV

12:38 pm

Carmen handed me my room key, and I tucked it into my purse.

The hotel lobby was loud and buzzing with people moving in all directions. Dance teams, I didn't recognize were all together. Miss Kate was getting on the phone getting all the information for our rehearsal time while Carmen took over as her assistant, getting all of the room keys for everyone. It was a madhouse.

I looked out through the clear front doors and watched the guys grab the luggage off the bus. I could see NDC's bus and all of them getting off.

It was so tired and sore....everywhere. We had lunch and some downtime before our rehearsal and Miss Kate had made reservations for a special dinner for tonight.

There was so much to do and all I wanted to do was take a nap. I already know I probably looked like an actual mess. Jax and I had to rush out this morning and get our things to get to the studio on time. And I couldn't take a nap on the way because of how anxious I was feeling.

Gen was on the phone with someone while Zhu and Scarlet were talking. You could see the excitement on everyone's faces. The sound of the elevator door opening and closing distracted me slightly.

Miss Kate covered the speaker on her phone and whispered. "If you have your key, go to your room and settle in. I'll let you guys know when it's time."

Gen, Zhu, and Scarlet were already heading toward the elevator.

I was waiting for the guys. They were finished unloading and were talking back and forth. I noticed Jax's Dad walk over to him and the change in his demeanor. He didn't look as closed off.

Carmen handed the leftover keys for the guys to Miss Kate and checked the time on her phone.

I followed behind her, dragging my suitcase through the throng of people. There was so much noise and conversation going on. This place was fully booked with everyone who was here for the show or dancing in the show.

The girls were already gone and Carmen and I got on the elevator by ourselves. The walls were mirrors all around us and I stared at my crazy appearance. She quickly took a picture and I groaned, feeling the unsettled feeling in my stomach.

 She quickly took a picture and I groaned, feeling the unsettled feeling in my stomach

She looked over at me and leaned against the wall. A smile spread on her face. "So how was last night?"

I clicked on our floor number and bit the inside of my cheek, trying to suppress a smile. I said nothing.

She nodded, laughing a little. "Ohhhh...okay. We'll finally."

I hadn't said much of anything this morning because we were in a rush. I just said that we were official, but I knew she would have more questions. So would everyone else.

She smiled fully, staring at me. I smiled back, laughing nervously.

"You happy?"

I nodded, feeling emotion wrap around my heart. "It almost feels too good to be true."