15. Museums and Ice-cream Sundaes

A/N: this chapter is a bit long so enjoy!!!!

Luna's POV
Thursday July
1:40 pm

Jax had asked me to meet him at the studio before we went out because he said he needed to pick something up.

I didn't mind because maybe I'd get to catch up with Carmen.

In the past few days, I felt like I barely saw her. Miss Kate was giving her more choreographer positions with the other members of the studio. When I got home last night she was already sleeping.

I missed her but this was a good thing. She was doing what she loved and who knows, maybe she'd get to stay longer.

I was making my way past the 3rd-floor practice rooms when I noticed a door was slightly open. It was the room where Jax and I usually practiced.

Come to think it, where the hell was Jax?

I walked past the room and stopped when something caught my attention. Hunching over slightly and moving back, I peered into the glass window of the door. Music was playing.

Carmen was standing there instructing Scarlet and Kingston while they both danced together. Based on the music I was hearing I knew it was hip-hop.

I was bobbing my head to the beat of the music when I realized something.

Zhu and Ozzie were sitting in the corner of the room on the floor, talking.

Miss Kate was also leaning against the opposite wall with her arms crossed. She was looking at the dance with a seriousness I knew too well.

Were they....?

A swift gasp left my mouth the moment I felt two hands on my waist. A scream almost flew from my mouth, but a hand was already covering it.

"I thought you weren't scared of anything," Jax said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

I swatted his hands away and moved away from the door, around him. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

He peered through the door for a second and turned back to me with a bright smile on his face.

He was wearing a short-sleeve off-white button-up with a white undershirt and navy blue shorts with off-white sneakers.

I felt overdressed now in my white knee-length sundress and short black heels

I felt overdressed now in my white knee-length sundress and short black heels. I was used to dressing up when I went to see plays.

I looked down at my dress and pulled at the skirt. "I didn't know you were going to dress up so casually, I would've worn something else."

He gave me a once over and looked at me with a smile. "You look nice, it's fine."

I sighed and readjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder.