52. Romeo and Juliet

A/N:  Hey guys! Long time no see. Usually I would never take a break this long. I moved away from home for a month and am currently living in Hawaii right now. So here's the last chapter of this story. I knew I wanted this to be the last one, I was just so sad about fianlly ending this book. It's been my favorite book I've written so far. I hope you've loved everything and thank you for putting up with me. For the last time, Enjoy!

Luna's POV
August 29th (Competition Day 2)

5:10 pm (20 minutes till call time)

I stared at my reflection, taking in the curls that were all around my face. I'd never worn my hair like this for any competition before. It'd always been in a bun since I was a kid.

And now I had a full afro. It was weird seeing the most natural version of myself but also...freeing.

The day had taken so many turns that I couldn't believe it was real.

Mindy Peredez had been disqualified.

In all my years of dance, I'd never actually seen someone disqualified. I didn't believe it could actually happen.

And I don't think she did either. But the video of her admitting everything she had done in the past couple of months had made more noise than anyone had expected.

It was shared repeatedly, making big news on all of the dance accounts on Instagram. Her "miss perfect ballerina" image had fallen hard.

She was losing so many followers by the hour and her contract with NDC was being questioned. They had to pull their alternate to take her place and with the competition finals tonight, their rehearsal time had been extended.

But I couldn't think about stupid Mindy and what she had said.

Tonight was the last night.

After all we had been through, it was our last time. And given all of the changes that were going to come to WDC in the fall, we didn't know if it would be the last time we'd all dance together. Miss Kate was leaving soon, Carmen was going home in a few days, Gen was starting a new semester next week, and as we all knew, no one's spot on the team was safe.

A new season meant the start of auditions. And because Carmen was leaving, we had to get a new choreographer for the team.

There was so much uncertainty. That's why all of this meant so much.

Beside me, Gen was placing new pins in Scarlet's hair. They were both dressed in their costumes. The Capulets were all wearing red; Gen, Ozzie, Carmen, and I.

The Montagues were all wearing blue; Scarlet, Jax, and Kingston.

The only one with a different color was Zhu, dressed in all black. Her makeup was dark and menacing, with her hair pulled up and braided into a bun. She was turning slowly in the corner, already with her game face on.

All of our costumes, courtesy of Alessia Nova were renaissance-themed. The guys had tights on and puffy cuffs while the girls had corsets with low-neck dresses. She tailored them so that we could dance easily.

I had so much shimmer makeup on my body that I was sparkling.

Only the girls were in the dressing room for right now. The guys had gotten ready a little ago and were outside talking.

Carmen was pacing the room, fanning her face with a handheld fan while Miss Kate was on the phone.

On TV, we could see Rodale dancing in their group dance. They did a rendition of Alice in Wonderland and their costumes were amazing. I could see The Mad Hatter throwing Alice in the air and she did two full rotations before landing on the ground easily. These guys must've been in the fucking circus or something.