51. Til Death Do Us Part

A/N: thank you guys so much for your love on the last chapter. I was so happy when I read your comments 😘😘😊😊. I hope you guys enjoy and remember to listen to the song during the dance.

Jax's POV

7:48 pm

My phone buzzed in my pocket but I ignored it, already knowing it was a text from the group chat.

Like an idiot, I missed Luna's solo.

I just hoped that she would forgive me later.

Crossing my arms, I gave Scarlet a look, and she pulled the door behind her. We waited for a whole 20 minutes to get Mindy alone.

People were in an out of her dressing room too quickly but we still waited.

She looked up from her phone and in the vanity mirror, she saw King, Ozzie, Scar, and I all standing by the door

Her face was speculative and her blue eyes interested. King took his stance against the door, crossing his arms.

Ozzie moved nervously, looking around at the items on the dressing room table.

"Can I help you people?" She snipped.

Ozzie picked up a lipstick and she snatched it out of his hand, glaring at him.

Scarlet and I took a step closer.

"Oh you know," She started, her face a mixture of mischief and anger. "We just wanted to talk. I mean, we're all friends here."

Mindy quickly picked up on her energy and stood up from her chair, facing us all. "Cut the bullshit, what the fuck do you want?"

"I never mentioned that Luna had her medical id on her watch," I stated, putting my hands into my pockets.

There was no point in beating around the bush. Luna and I had a duet coming up soon.

A smile warmed her lips. "Wow Nova, I didn't know you paid attention."

I could practically feel the heat radiating off of Scarlet beside me. She was ready for a fight.

Her energy was true to her name; bright and fiery.

"I just want to know why?" I said simply. "Why do all of this?"

Mindy looked unmoved by my words. With her hair curled all around her and dark makeup all around her eyes, she looked like an evil queen of some sort. It seemed fitting.

Ozzie moved casually leaning his arm on the table standing beside her and looking down at her in question.

Ozzie moved casually  leaning his arm on the table standing beside her and looking down at her in question