41. Breaking In and First Dates

A/N: Sorry for the slow delay. Like I'm drowning in school and blah blah blah. Thank you for your patience. I'll try my best to post on Thursday. Hope you love 💕

Jax's POV
Friday, August 6th
7:17 pm

"Alright, let's go over the plan one more time," Gen said from the back seat of the car.

Kingston turned around from the driver's seat of the van and looked in the back row. He handed his camera to Ozzie and pointed him with a grave look on his face.
"You break this one, I kill you."

Ozzie smiled innocently and placed the strap around his neck.

"Okay, so the plan is Jax, Gen, Oz, and I go inside while you and Zhu be the lookout," Scarlet said from the backseat.

She leaned her elbows on the seat in front of her and took full reign, going over everything. "Ozzie's job is the take pictures of whatever we find that could be potential evidence. Gen and I will look through the locker rooms and see what we can find while Jax distracts his dad in his office. We've got 15 minutes to get in and out before we get caught."

"Set your watches people," Gen said checking her watch.

Nerves crawled up my spine as I looked down at the watch on my wrist.

I had to pick up Luna in an hour for our date so this had to be quick.

Looking at my friends that surrounded me in this van, I questioned the execution of this plan.

Carmen wasn't here because she had work and Luna didn't even know about all of this. We decided to tell her after so that she couldn't talk us out of it.

I pulled at my suit collar, feeling suffocated and nervous. Pressing my hands down on my thighs I recounted the different rings on my fingers and took a deep breath.

My anxiety was only multiplying.

A hand slapped over my shoulder and I turned to look at Scarlet smiling brightly at me. "Relax Nova. Everything's gonna go according to plan and we'll get you to your date in no time."

Gen squeezed my hand and pressed her shoulder into mine. "Yeah, and I mean what's there to be nervous about?"

I raised my eyebrows at her and smiled down at her face. "You guys could get in trouble for trespassing, my Dad could kill me, we might find nothing in there...I can keep going if you want."

She rolled her eyes and smiled. "Not that. I meant your date with Luna."

I closed my eyes and let my head fall back into the headrest. Swallowing, I breathed out through my nose.

"You've got this man," Ozzie grabbed my shoulder and patted my back. "Everything is gonna go fine and your date tonight will be great. It'll be something to tell your kids one day."

I laughed through my nose, feeling my stomach tighten.

Opening my eyes, I looked at everyone staring at me. They all wore knowing smiles, watching me intently. Even Zhu was smiling.

"You really like her don't cha?" Kingston said looking at me through the rearview mirror."

I looked him square in the eyes and sighed breathlessly, shaking my head.

I could feel Gen squeeze my hand and I didn't have to look over to know that she was smiling.

"Well, shit," Kingston said with the usual rasp in his voice.