"Are you saying Davina was apart of the Harvest?" I growl at her. She sees my expression and hers turns to confused. She has no idea why this pisses me off.

"What the bloody hell is the Harvest?" Rebekah asks slowly not wanting to set me off.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors. They keep our ancestral power flowing." She explains.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Niklaus asks watching me out of the corner of his eye.

"Because the Harvest always seemed like a myth, a story passed down through generations like Noah's ark or the Buddha walking on water, the kind some people take literally and some people don't." She says. "They had the girls of our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the Harvest. They said it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."

"Was it?" Rebekah questions just as Niklaus' phone rings and he stands to answer it.

"Marcel, bit early in the day for you, isn't it?" He asks but I don't care to listen to the other side on the conversation. Instead, I attempt to focus on lowering my heart rate.

"Rather you than me. All that responsibility seems like such a bore." He listens to Marcel talk.

"Dead witches in the Bayou." All of us turn our attention to him. Me, especially, welcoming the distraction. "Sounds like less of a problem and more like a cause for celebration."

"Well, something killed them and may still be out there, and with your blood being the only cure for a werewolf bite, I would love for you to accompany me."  Marcel says on the other line.

"Well, why not? I haven't been to the Bayou in ages. I'm on my way."

"Peace out, Brother." And with that they hang up.

"You can't go out there now." Sophie pleads as Hayley walks into the living room. "I need to gather the witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we lose the link to their magic."

"Those witches tried to kill Kelsey. I prefer for Marcel's informant not to find anything that would lead him back to us, to her, or to, you know, that." He says pointing at my stomach.

"You mean, our baby." I deadpanned.

"You are all class." Hayley adds with an eye roll.

"Stay put and save the rest of your story till I return." He commands Sophie before leaving.

_________________

Sophie doesn't do as Niklaus demanded. She took off the second she thought no one was looking. However, Hayley and I were. Hayley wants to find whatever is out there because she believes it's connected to our family and she has put her search on the back burner to help and stay with me. So, since we know Sophie's going out there I don't hesitate in following because Hayley wants to.

We quietly follow Sophie into the cemetery and to a mausoleum. Inside she grabs a few items she'll need and stuffs them in her backpack. As she turns around Hayley and I block her path.

"Hey, what the hell?" Sophie exclaims.

"You're going out there, anyway, aren't you?" I ask rhetorically already knowing the answer. "We want to go with you."

"No, thanks. Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning, don't need a repeat." She points out trying to get pass us and causing me to scoff.

"Assaulted is a tad bit dramatic, don't ya think?" I rhetorically ask smugly. Sophie just scoffs.