48 - Figuring It Out

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I am well aware of that." Elijah speaks into the phone and I don't listen to his private work-call things.

I look around the very tidy room. 'Welp, couldn't be me.'

I shake my head and turn to look at Elijah, who listens to whatever the person at the other side is talking about.

He didn't have his suit jacket or tie on, only his white shirt and, holy mother of muffins, his sleeves were rolled up.

I'm one lucky motherducker.

I walk up to one of his bookcases and gaze at all the books, some way older than the others.

I glance at Elijah, who looks up from one of the papers at me mid-sentence. I point at the books with a smile.

He nods without hesitation and goes back to the paper and talking about something.

With a grin I pick up a cool looking book and open the first page. I see it's handwritten and turn one page foward, the texts were full of information about different companies and stuff.

I carefully put the book back and trail my finger on top of the spines, stopping on one larger book than the others.

I take it out and look at the cover, it was empty and black colored.

While trying to open the book it slips through my hands and almost drops down. I catch it the last minute and quickly put it back to its place, acting like nothing happened.

I turn around to see Elijah shaking his head with a tiny smile as he sorted through a stack of papers with one hand.

I grin sheepishly and decide to leave the books alone. For now.

Keeping the small grin of my face I walk towards Elijah, who glances at me before turning back to the papers yet again.

"I take you have the required assets to do this? I do not tolerate liars." He speaks into the phone.

As I get to him I start to wiggle under his arm that was now resting on the table.

Clearly amused, Elijah turns to look at me and lifts his arm enough so I can get through.

I climb up to his lap and wrap my arms around his middle. I rest the side of my head against his chest and sigh in content as the invisible stress leaves my shoulders.

Elijah smiles fondly and lets his chin rest on top of my head. His other hand comes around me and pulls me even closer to him.

He continues to talk on the phone and my eyes starts to droop slightly, his steady voice and his soft strokes on my back making me sleepy.

I don't know how much time went on before I realise Elijah isn't on the phone anymore.

He was just holding me close to him with his own eyes closed. I feel his body relax completely.

I shrug slightly and let my eyes close again, just enjoying my moment of peace with him.

And, who would deny cuddling with Elijah.

Oh how I envy the people with so much willpower.

I am a simple human. Pffft, like anything in here is simple. Oh well. Partly simple human.

Anyway, when I see a chance to cuddle with Elijah or Niklaus, I will take it. Well, if ice cream is present in the negatiations, I might have to think about it.

'Ooh, ice cream. I wonder if Niklaus could get me some.'

How does my thoughts get off the rails so quickly?