48 - Figuring It Out

THIRD POV

"And yeah, I feel like my head is about to explode from all of this." Elena whispers into the phone while doodling on a piece of paper.

The doppelgänger pulls one of her legs up to the kitchen chair and puts her chin on top of her knee.

"Have you thought about what you want to do now?" Camille asks from the other side, a fond smile on her face as she puts on her jacket while keeping her phone on a speaker.

Elena couldn't help the snort that left her. "Cami, my dear amazing therapist, there is not a single moment I have not thought about that. Like, I can't even go to the bathroom without thinking about it." She cries out, messing up the smiley face she just did.

Elena could hear Cami chuckling softly. "And have you come to a conclusion?"

"Nope." Elena pops the 'p' and sighs quietly, the pencil dropping to the table from her hand.

"I really am lost here Cami..." She whispers in a defeated voice.

Cami smiles sadly and puts the phone off the speaker, putting it to her ear as she exists her apartment.

"Maybe talk with your partners and try to find a solution together?" She suggests while locking the door behind her.

Elena sighs and rubs her forehead. "Yeah, maybe. Or you know, I will, but yeah."

She was glad no-one could hear her conversation with her much needed therapist, who is really more of an older sister at this point. All thanks went to the privacy spell she learned a while back.

A silence continues for a while as Elena uses her magic to make her pencil spin around in the air.

"Communication is a important part of a relationship El." Camille uses a nickname knowing it makes the younger woman comfortable talking about it.

"I know." Elena wraps her free arm around her knee and watches the pencil changing speeds according to her magic.

She could hear Cami walking outside as Elena speaks up softly once again: "Thank you Cami. I really, really, really appriciate you taking time to talk with me."

"Of course." Camille let's the soft smile graze her face. "I will always be one phone call away. Let me know when you have your answers."

"I will, bye Cami." Elena chuckles and ends the call.

With a sigh Elena puts her phone down to the table and continues to hug her leg now with both arms and resting her head on top of her knee.

Pulling her magic back from the pencil she watches as it drops down to the table.

After a while of just lagging and staring ahead, Elena decides to get up and move.

She needed some love and and attention.

-

Elena's POV

Feeling a familiar, yet the only presence inside the house, I make my way towards one specific room.

I walk up to Elijah's study and softly knock on the door before peeking inside, seeing Elijah talking on the phone.

Hearing someone open the door Elijah looks up from the papers laying in front of him and immediately a small smile appears on his face.

"Can I come in?" I mouth soundlessly and use my puppy eyes.

Elijah nods keeping the smile on his face and keeps his eyes on me as I walk in closing the door quietly behind.