"What do you mean long gone?" She asks.

   "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting us in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got Kelsey into." Hayley states causing me to pinch her in retaliation. "He was all poetic about how we're family, and then Klaus told us he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire." She continues. I just shrug unbothered.

   "Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises, which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." She tells us before turning to the family room and yelling at Niklaus, who I didn't even know was here. "Klaus, get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

   Laughing I follow her making Hayley trail behind me to watch this unfold.

   "Enough with all the shouting." He says opening the doors to his office and walking out. "Little sister. I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were you're doing."

   "They were very rude trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to The Quarter." She defends herself which earns her some of my respect. "So sorry. Were they friends of yours?" She asks condescending and not really caring. Hayley and I share a look while smirking. "Oh, that's right. You don't have any friends." She digs which in turn causes Niklaus to drop his smirk.

   "I do have friends. I have Marcel." He states arrogantly. "You remember him, don't you?" The blonde falters in her confidence. "Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the King of The Quarter now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It will be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."

   "I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals." She changes the subject in an attempt to hide her surprise about Marcel. "What did you do to him?"

   "Perhaps he's on holiday or taking a long autumn nap upstairs." He replies clearly lying which the blonde rolls her eyes at. "Well, go on. Take a look around." She starts to walk off until he adds. "You remember this house as well as I."

   "I remember everything."

   "Well, he wasn't good enough for you." He states sitting down as she crosses her arms.

   "No one was ever good enough for me, Nik. You made sure of that. Now where's Elijah?" She asks as his phone buzzes. Ignoring her question he gets up and walks pass her towards the door. "Where are you going?"

   "It appears the night is not quite over yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel."

   "Elijah told me your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together." She scolds.

   "I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink." He explains walking closer to her. "And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of the witches in The Quarter, and I aim to uncover the how so I might take it myself." I roll my eyes. "Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today." He turns walking back to the door and without turning around says "Oh. And welcome home, little sister." smugly and leaves. Rebekah turns to me and Hayley.

   "You, Wolf girls. I'm gonna search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You're helping." She says walking away. I shrug following behind her with Hayley down a huge staircase in the back of the house.

   "The Governor had lots of secret rooms. I'll show you his favorite." Rebekah says as we make our way to a basement like room. The walls and floor are stone and there are cob webs everywhere causing me to cringe. When we enter the room fully Rebekah shines her light to reveal coffins.