47 - What Will Happen?

Start from the beginning

"For you guys having to calm me down the first thing in the morning." I shake my head, embarrassed to say it.

Elijah lets out a rather sad sigh and shakes his head.

"Oh sweetheart."

AAAAHHH.

"That is what we are here for. We are here to help you and stay by your side as long and as much as you need us. Never apologize for something like this again, when there are no reason for it." Elijah explained in a soft voice.

"You never have to apologize for needing help and support." Niklaus continues in a out-of-character serious voice and leaves small kisses on my shoulders.

My lower lip starts to wobble, my heart is too soft for this. They are too adorable.

"Please do not cry." Elijah pleads in a soft whisper and gives small soft kisses around my face, on my forehead, on my cheeks, on my nose, on my lips.

"I didn't think were that horrible." Niklaus says with a small chuckle trying to lift our mood.

I laugh slightly and wipe my eyes, my heart still melting. "I love you guys."

"We love you too."

We stay in the silence, just enjoying each other. It was one of the best feelings in the world and I couldn't get enough of it.

But soon it becomes way too hot with Niklaus' bodyheat counting my own. I wiggle around to lay on my back, sighing at the cool air.

Elijah goes to lean to his forearm on his side and with feather like touches trails his finger up and down my arm. Niklaus sits up cross-legged on the bed but stays close to my side, playing with a hem of my sleeping shirt.

"What will happen to us?" I ask quietly out loud the question that had been troubling my mind for so long. I stare at the ceiling.

"Hhm?" Niklaus tilts his head and I turn to look at him.

I take his hand to mine and slowly stroke his knuckles with my thumb.

"Like, I mean what will happen to us in the future? Have you guys ever thought about what you want to do or where we want to go? I don't believe you guys would ever want to stay in Mystic Falls of all places." I speak in a soft voice, my Finnish accent seeping in at some points due to my nervousness.

I glance at Niklaus and see him share a look with Elijah.

"Little love." Niklaus starts in a gentle voice and takes a tight hold of my hand.

"Elijah and I have been roaming this earth for over a thousand years. We have seen things, heard things and done things people could never imagine of. We have experienced everything, yet nothing at the same time. Though through it all, there has always been one important something missing." Niklaus whispers and looks at me in the eyes.

"Love." Elijah finishes in a soft whisper and I turn to him. "With you we have experienced the one thing we always missed on our journey around the world, unconditional love. And for that for the first time in my long life I have been truly happy, here, with you and our family by my side. There is not a single thing I would trade that away to." He continues to whisper.

"No matter where we go, no matter what happens or when it happens, we are going to stay together. We have you. We will follow you as long as we can." Niklaus takes off where Elijah left, still keeping his whisper.

I didn't have any words at this point to describe how I felt so I sit up and pull Niklaus into a kiss.

We share a slow and passionate kiss so full of love.