Chapter 117

(James POV)

It was very tense today. Everybody had been tense. Today was the day, that day. The day Lily and I died originally. Mom, dad, Sirius and Dahlia would keep looking at us as if to make sure if we were still there. Tom hadn't even showed his face today, but I understood, so did Lily. Eventually we had gone home, but we were on edge. Harry, like Dahlia did before, would not let us go, he got very clingy. Dahlia had done the same thing the day we originally died. We double checked all the wards making sure we both had a good hold on them and that nobody other than Lily and I could break into it. As a backup, we had a portkey that Lily could use parseltongue with to get us quickly out of there. There were also curses and hexes surrounding the houses.

We had finally got home, having not been there all day and checking over everything again, when Harry was getting clingier. "James," Lily whispered, she was the one holding Harry at that moment. "Hmm," I responded, I was very tense just looking around the room. "I don't want to stay here tonight," she whispered, I could hear the fear in her response. We both wanted to raise our child this time, our child would not be an orphan. I nodded in agreement and we quickly headed for the floo and reappeared at the Peverell Manor to see Dahlia in front of us.

"Can we stay here tonight?" I asked her. Dahlia nodded, I could see the fear in her eyes that relaxed when we had gotten here. Orion, I could hear was using the mirrors to talk to Dad, who I also known was worried. Sirius had been talking to Nagini nearby. The floo had gone off again as Frank and Alice stepped through, each holding a twin, "Yes, you can stay," Dahlia said before they could say anything. I think she had been expecting it as the Longbottoms were attacked the same day we were.

Mom and Dad had shown up too and when they saw our confused look, "Charlus had a bad feeling and he didn't want any of us staying there," Mom said, motioning towards my sisters and Kol. Bellatrix, Nico, Andromeda, and Elijah, all appeared, "Henrik is coming with the Slytherin-Gaunts, just like all of us they are getting bad feelings," Andromeda had said, just as the Slytherin-Gaunts stepped through. I noticed how much paler Tom looked, he had been getting increasingly stressed when this day approached. The Prewetts were soon following after along with Rodolphus, Rabastan, and Katherine, while Melinoe was in the Underworld.

The Malfoys, Princes, and Barty were also coming through the floo, Luna, Victoria, Pandora, and Lucius all looking worried about something but they were not going to say anything, they couldn't bring themselves to say what could have happened if all of us hadn't appeared.

The Peverell Manor was the most protected and hidden Manor our big family had, so I think we all felt better coming here even though it was still a bit tense, we still felt safer. The children were still scared; clinging to whichever parent had been holding them.

"Okay, everybody try to at least get some sleep," Orion said to everyone. Lily and I went up to our room we have when we spend the night here, either the house or an elf supplied us with a small bed for Harry although I don't think he would use it. Harry was refusing to let go of Lily, "Prongslet," I said, I had to come up with a different name, the other timeline Dahlia was referred to as 'Fawn' so Harry became Prongslet. "Mummy needs to change, she'll be right back, neither one of us will leave your sight," I told him, using a soft tone. Harry let go of Lily and then clung to me while she was changing. He did manage to go to sleep thankfully, once the time we would have been killed passed, I noticed he started to fall asleep after Lily had said something about that time passing. I wasn't going to mention I felt the wards shift. Lily looked like she was questioning something and it could have been her debating on if the wards she had put up were going off. I had more wards up as it was a Potter home, my wards would have naturally been stronger there but Lily had added her own. If it made her feel safer, I wasn't going to stop her.