Chapter 27

Persephone POV

I had finally brought up the courage to follow Dahlia and Luna's advice. I was walking down the hall before taking a deep breath and knocked on my husband's office door, "Hades?" I called. "Come in," he said. I walked in to see him working on his paperwork, now I know why he hates it so much. "Can I talk to you about something?" I hesitantly asked. He paused, probably hearing the hesitance, before putting down his writing utensil and turned to me as I sat next to his desk. "I know it's hard to talk about... but I want to talk about Nico and Bianca," I managed to get out. I saw him tense up, I must've been right that this one of the things bugging him. He stayed silent so I continued talking, "I know last time when I first encountered them, I wasn't very friendly, especially the corn plant thing. But after talking it out with someone, they made me realize some things. One being that I wouldn't really mind them being around," I explained. 

            Hades looked away for and took a deep breath before he turned back to me, I could see his mask around me has been slowly breaking, "What about Hazel?" he whispered. "Hazel too," I confirmed. He took another deep breath before he basically snatched me out of my chair and pulled me to his chest, buried his head in my shoulder and hugged me tightly. I was knocked out of my shock by him whispering shakily, "Thank you," I guess I didn't know how upset he was until I actually felt TEARS on my shoulder. My husband, Hades, the God of the Underworld, is actually crying. I fully understood Dahlia saying he couldn't let go of his emotions because of the mask he's kept around for so long. I lay against him and rubbed his back until he calmed down and pulled away, "I had to go through Maria dying because of my brother again, I was thankful that Nico and Bianca didn't remember but now I know they do," he explained. My eyes watered thinking about what the siblings must be thinking, "And then I had to put them in the Lotus Hotel and promised I would get them out earlier but I didn't know how and they didn't seem to believe me because I didn't swear it," he was looking like he would cry again, "I was so relieved when Thanatos told me that Dahlia and Orion would take them in when they graduate," I nodded along to show I was listening. This was the most he's actually talked about what he's kept hidden to me. I could tell he was thinking about someone else and I'm pretty sure I know who, "Is that your last bit of paperwork today?" I asked when he finished. He nodded, "Do you mind taking a break?" I asked. He nodded again and looked confused as I pulled him up before taking him to my garden. I left him for a brief second before finding Melinoe. She looked startled seeing me and kind of backed away, "I swear on the River Styx I just want to talk to you," I wasn't very nice to her, but if I'm trying to work it out with Hades and I'm going to try with Melinoe (A/N I know she's actually Zeus' daughter but in this she's Hades' daughter) too. They have similar demeanors and so does Nico, so I want to find out more about my daughter I neglected. She came forward, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for how I treated you, someone talked to sense into me, and I'm taking her advice with your father, but I want to work it out with you too if you'll let me," I said softly. She came forward and looked me in the eye before rushing forwards and clinging to me and cried. I stroked her black and white hair before saying, "Your father and I are in my gardens do you want to come with?" she nodded before pulling away and going to my gardens, "Melinoe," I called, she turned back, "He doesn't know I was coming to get you. We were talking about Nico and Bianca and I could tell he was thinking about you too," Melinoe (who does remember the timeline, I found out) smiled and walked the long way there. I walked into the gardens to find Hades already looking at me, I sat next to him and we just talked a little bit before I saw Melinoe standing with Thanatos and smiling, "You know I would never be more thankful for Dahlia Peverell," my husband said quietly. I turned back, surprised, and he said, "I know she's the one that talked to you, I heard the conversation the first time she was here," he revealed, "I take it she talked to you about to you about Nico and Bianca?" he asked. I nodded, "I brought it up because I knew they were coming out soon so I asked her advice and her sister Luna, she has visions right?" he nods, "She had a vision and told me to bring it up and iw ouldn't regret it and I don't. But I had a feeling you were thinking about something else too so I made it short stop before coming out here. Melinoe!" I called. Hades' eyes widened in surprise before I saw a noticeable lift on his mouth as Melinoe came running out into her father's arms. 

*Melinoe POV (few minutes before)*

"So who is Dahlia?" I asked Thanatos, since she had been brought up a few times. "You know how I would eventually have a Master or Mistress from Hecate's world?" I nodded, "Its Dahlia, and her mate Orion Black. Orion is now Hades' top Ghost rider and he's also a reaper," he explained. "They were hear last summer, and Persephone wanted to meet them, and Dahlia brought some things into light about Hades that made her think so she's been trying to get to know him some more. I believe she's trying with you too because you both have the same personality and she will also have that problem with Nico," he finished. "Well I'm thankful for her too, definitely need to meet them and the others when they come," I said as I knew my mother was about to call me, "Melinoe!" speak of the devil, or technically the devil's wife. I ran out and saw the surprise on my dad's face before I tackled him in a hug and we all talked for a few hours before dad had to finish his paperwork and I talked with mom some more before I had to leave too.

Melinoe: