Chapter 3

Dorea POV

        We got to the Welcoming Feast and sat at our respective tables. I sat with the boys with Charlus behind me. Poor Orion had Walburga sitting next to him. After the first years had been sorted, Headmaster Dippet stood up, "Now before we eat we have two transfers for the third years, please welcome Dahlia and Luna Peverell," he announced. Many people look surprised when the two girls walked in. I finally got a good look at my granddaughter. I knew her appearance slightly changed due to her title and taking on more Peverell blood then Potter, but I could see where she still looked like James and Charlus, Merlin, I could even see how similar she looked to me. I looked and saw Charlus had been getting a good look at her too while Orion and Abraxas wore dreamy looks directed at there respective mates, I can imagine Walburga is LOVING that.

        The girls reached the ends of the tables and before Dumbledore could call one of them, Dahlia spoke, "May someone else sort us please?" she said in a soft, kind, but a do as I say or you'll regret it tone. "May I ask why?" the headmaster questioned while others looked slightly confused. "Sir, this man," she pointed at Dumbledore, "Has been looking at us with hungry and greedy eyes since he spoke to us outside the doors and it is making us uncomfortable," Dahlia announced as Luna clutched her arm. Dumbledore immediately tried to deny it. I saw some people were looking at him in disgust as they had seen the look, especially other Slytherins. Charlus, Orion, Abraxas, and surprisingly Tom were livid. Anybody who wasn't from a pureblood family or was a muggleborn had an explanation from some purebloods who were willing to tell them how respected the Peverell's were, even if they were a dark family. Even light families had some respect towards, especially I seen some like McGonagall and Longbottom giving Dumbledore a look. 

        The headmaster stood up, "I will sort you," he said and took the hat from Dumbledore with a, might I say, just as disgusted look the students were giving him, and announced for Dahlia to come up. After seven minutes, and being deemed a hat stall, the hat opened its mouth, "SLYTHERIN!" my table applauded politely though we were a bit excited especially Orion. She stopped at the end of the table before turning back to the hat, obviously waiting for her sister who just had the hat put on her head. "SLYTHERIN!" was announced again. Her and Luna walked down opposite sides of the tables, Luna on Abraxas' side and Dahlia on Orion's. When my cousin had noticed, he turned to Walburga, "Move!" he whispered harshly as Dahlia reached us. "Hello" he said politely and quietly, "Oh, so you do talk," she teased, yep, definitely James' daughter. Orion chuckled nervously, Yes, sorry about that," Dahlia smiled. She was about to say something before she was interrupted, now with whole school watching, "OH YOU'VE GOT TO KIDDING ME, ITS HER?!" Walburga bursted out. Dahlia looked unfazed as Luna had quickly made her way to her sister. "Who are you?" Dahlia asked indifferently but slightly annoyed. "Walburga Black from the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black! I was supposed to be Lady Black! You took Orion away from me!" she raised her hand to strike her as a low growl sounded through the Hall making everyone freeze.

        "Congratulations, you've made my familiar angry," Dahlia told her before turning to everyone, "She won't hurt anyone, she's just protective like any other familiar," she turned back to Walburga after settling the fears, "I would be careful, if I were you, my familiar is a magical creature and can be very dangerous if you harm me. Now about rank, seeing as you think your above me. The Peverell House is not in the Sacred 28 for the same reason the Hogwarts Houses aren't, they are older Houses with higher ranks as it is known as the Most Noble and Most Ancient House of Peverell, as my parents have passed, and the there is stipulation on gender, the Ladyship and Headship went to me," she held up her right hand showing her Peverell ring. "Along with that due to my mother I became Lady to the Most Noble and Most Ancient House of Ravenclaw," she held up her hand again, now showing her Ravenclaw ring, "Now my sister on the other hand was blood adopted so we checked if she had titles, she actually soon became Lady Hufflepuff," Luna held up her right hand showing the golden ring, "She also happens to be the temporary Heir to some houses while I am also a Heir to some Houses, I even know who's be Lords Gryffindor and Slytherin, and I am pretty sure they are on my side," I peeked at Tom and Charlus who seem to make some silent agreement, "Now I am going to say trhis one last time, because I have taken up enough of the feast, while your still standing there... MOVE WALBITCHA!" she screamed at the end making said 'Walbitcha scurry out of the room, causing everyone, including Slytherin's to laugh. Dahlia then sat down between Orion and I while Luna went back to sitting between Tom and Abraxas. The food appeared after the lovely entertainment and Dahlia turned and wrapped her arms around me, "It's nice to finally meet you," she said, I felt her arm move and saw she was facing Charlus so I assume she was waving to him. Luna snapped her fingers after Dahlia got her food and turned to Orion, and a piece of parchment appeared in front of the boys and I. It read:

        "After everyone is settled in, meet at the ROR on the seventh floor- Luna and Dahlia"