Chapter 11 - Weakness

Ty's POV

It's been about a week since we left LA and returned to Arizona. I've been better than before, I keep contact with cat and it always cheers me up to hear her voice or see her face on Skype. I want to take her out again tonight, maybe to the cinema or park or something. This was going to be a complete surprise. I left the house and made my way over to their house. I knocked on the door a few times before Issac answered.

"Hey Issac! Is Cat here." I asked. "Yes but..." He said, his face remained without emotion. "But..." I said, wondering what was going on. "Now's not really the best time." He replied. He let me in and while we were walking upstairs said, "Cat's not to well at the moment." He said quietly. We stopped at the door. I walked in alone, the room was dark, the light was off and the curtains were drawn.

"Cat?" A small bundle of duvet moved around a bit in the corner of the room. I turned on the bedside light and saw her pale face against the pillow. "Cat...What's wrong?" I ask. "Fever...I'm fine." I shake my head and help her sit up a little. "You're not fine. Look at you. You're so pale." I say, feeling her forhead.

"It's fine, I do get weaker when I'm ill but nothing else happens. I promise. "Cat! We need to go out and see our parents! Ty is it ok if you look after Cat while we're gone?" I hear Bethany call from downstairs. "Yeah it's fine." I call back. We hear the door shut. "Cat, I want an honest answer." "Ok" "Has this got anything to do with that 'incident' back in LA?" I ask, referring to that night we went out.

"Ty, its fine. It's just a fever." She answered. I didn't know if I could believe this answer. Yes, she is my girlfriend and all. But she has lied lots to me in the past, but only to protect me. Because she loves me. I brush a bit of hair out her face. I hated to see her in this state but I stayed with her, not leaving her side.

Cat's POV

It was nice to have company when I'm ill for once. I get so weak, I can barely even walk. I was disappointed to learn that Ty would have taken me out again if I hadn't had this fever. I lay back and listened to him, becoming more drowsy by the minute.

Blackness...

Ty's POV

After she had fallen asleep I started to think about my life. So many problems!

1.My parents are gone and no one, not even my sister who is in New Zealand was there for me at the time.

2. I am 'that' close to failing everything-education wise- and failing to get a good degree, meaning I won't get a good job and I most likely won't be able to keep this apartment with the pay I get from YouTube.

3. My girlfriend, who is very precious to me, is ill. Very...Very ill. She was throwing up blood the other night. Freaking blood! In a couple days, Cat could be gone as well and I can do nothing about it.

Bethany was shaking me gently when I suddenly snapped back into reality. "You look tired, you should probably go home and get some rest, you can visit Cat again anytime you want." She said. I nodded and left without a word. Only I didn't stay at home for long. Adam and Jason decided to invite me to the pub for a drink. I accepted since I am 18 and am of age to drink.

I arrived and ordered a pint of beer, I couldn't get those three problems out of my head, this distracted me from realising I was ordering pint after pint after pint. "Ty! Easy on the drink." I nodded and stopped ordering, by this time, my head was becoming heavy and everything in front of me shifted in and out of focus. "So...How is it with you and Cat?" Jason asked me. "Ok" I replied.

"I visited her earlier. She's not too well." After hearing this, rage overwhelmed me. The alcohol was sinking in, making me angry over little things, this was one of them. It doesn't mean anything if he just visited her. But the alcohol said otherwise. I stood up and looked down at Jason. "You...stay the fuck away from her. She...She is..." My legs had turned to jelly and I fell to the floor. They had to haul me back home. After they had left, I collapsed on my bed, not bothering to change and slept.

I tossed and turned until I woke up to puke. I looked at myself in the mirror...

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

What was I doing?