Chapter 78

Ami had finally gone through all the requests that were sent to her and responded to each one personally, even if she declined their request she made sure she sent them a personal note. She did set up interviews with the other record labels though, but just video meetings. She didn't have any interest in signing with any of them but used it as a fact-finding mission of what other offers there were out there. Every studio was a little different in how they approached her, and she didn't change her approach drastically, but she did become more comfortable talking to music executives and advocating for what she wanted. She enjoyed meeting with them and tried to leave them with a challenging question to grapple with when they were done.

She was surprised some of the labels would post on their social media that they were talking with her, just to drum up conversation and interest in themselves. This would automatically take them off her list of possible joint ventures. To her, this showed her their true colors. How could she trust them with her music or keep her privacy safe if they would run to announce they were talking? When they did this, she would send them a message, thanking them for their time, but she wasn't interested.

She was still working on security for the boys and company daily. One day she was working with Mr. Pak, Su, and some other team members when they got a surprise visit to his office.

Ami was deep into some research when she heard from the other room Mr. Su say, "Ah, Director Park, what brings you today?" Ami looked over at Pak and they both exchanged "oh fuck me" looks.  She thought about sprinting out of the room, but she was frozen in her seat.

"Ah, Mr. Su, just the man I wanted to see. I wanted to talk to you and your best about something that may be coming up in the future."

"Absolutely, please, come in." They could hear Su say. As they entered the room, everyone stood up to greet him. Ami was trying to remember to breathe and just push aside the Suki side of her, and just be Ami.

"Director Park, let me introduce you to my lead Mr. Pak, Ms. Ami, Mr. Roe, and Mr. Nam." Everyone bowed as they were introduced to him.

"Ah, Ms. Ami, I've been wanting to meet you." Director Park said to her. "I heard about what happened to you in London, I hope you have fully recovered from your ordeal." He said sincerely to her.

"Thank you, Director Park, yes, I have recovered." She said as calmly as she could to him.

"Good! Good to hear, OK, so Mr. Su, I wanted to follow up with you about what we talked about at the company a week ago." He said, looking directly at him.

"Of course, let's go to my office for some privacy." He was trying to get some space between them and Ami so she could slip out.

"That sounds good, and can we have Pak and Ami join us? Being a girl, she might have some interesting perspectives on the issue, yes?" he smiled at them and then walked into Su's office leaving them behind.

Ami was rubbing her head as she walked down the hall. Pak just squeezed her arms reassuring her as entered Su's office. She was never so happy to be dressed so plainly. She had her hair down, her plain metal frame glasses, and very minimal makeup on today. When they entered his office she made sure to sit to his side and not in front of him, so he would have to turn to look directly at her instead of his head on the entire meeting.

"So" he started, "We are looking into potentially asking a new artist to join us. This artist comes with some challenges when it comes to privacy. Privacy and security are not my areas of expertise, so I wanted to ask you if you think it was possible to keep an artist's identity under wraps or if it would be futile." He leaned back and was talking to Su directly.

Su looked like was thinking hard about the question, although he had been doing it already for over a year with her. "Well, I think it would just take some extra planning, but I honestly don't think it would be impossible. The key would be, to keep the number of people who know their real identity down to a minimal number. The more people that know, it's easy to slip out and hard to control. Very minimal number."

"Hummmm.." Director Park was thinking hard, "OK."

Ami decided to speak up, "It would probably go a long way with your artist, knowing only a very few people know their true identity. If they are taking a chance to sign with such a large company like Hybe, I would think they may be feeling nervous about trusting if their privacy will be honored by management. It might go a long way with the contract negotiations."

"Hmmm... yes. Good point." Director Park was looking off into the distance like he was trying to solve a math formula.

Ami looked at Pak and gave him a quick 'OMG.' look while Pak slid her wink.

"OK, OK... So, yes... Maybe.." he was now just muttering to himself.

"Sir, why don't I work on some proposals and we can get in touch with you soon," Pak added. Everyone was as calm as possible, while they knew she was dying inside.

"Yes! That sounds like a great idea. Good talk, thanks for all your input, it has been helpful." Mr. Su, we will talk soon." He stood up and shook his hand, and Ami and Pak did quick bows to not make direct eye contact as he left the room.

As soon as he was out of the building Ami all but doubled over, "I think I'm going to be sick." She said, Pak was laughing and Su, who never gave much away, was visibly relieved, sitting down and putting his hands on the back of his head. "Well, that was something."

Ami still doubled over, "I'm working from home from now on!"

"Excellent groundwork though. Those were good points you made with him, Ami. Good seed planting." Su said, looking off and thinking.

Pak added, "he never gave you a second glance, did you notice that? You have had two meetings with him, and nothing even rang suspiciously with you... that's really good."

"I did notice that," Su mentioned.

"I sat next to him so he wouldn't have a direct line of sight at me." She said from between her knees. "I have too much adrenaline in my body." she laughed. "I'm definitely drinking tonight." Pak and Su just laughed as they continued to talk about the encounter.

After she was done with work she sent a message off to the boys, "Busy tomorrow?"

'Nope.' was the reply.

"Good, because we are drinking tonight." She sent off the text and went home. "Get your asses home."

"What the hell is going on?" Hobi looked at Yoongi, confused. Ami liked to party, but this was outside how she usually acted.

Namjoon picked up the phone and called her, "Hey, how was your day?"

They all sat there watching his eyes get bigger and bigger and saying very little until the end. Well, yes, I guess that is a good reason. OK, we are on our way soon." And then he hung up.

They were all just staring at him, "WHAT!" Hobi almost yelled at him.

"Ami had a meeting with Park." he just said plainly.

"So, and.." Tae asked.

"No, not Suki, AMI had a meeting with him, a surprise meeting while at work with Su and Pak."

Their faces said it all, "OH. Fuck. Did he figure it out?" Yoongi asked.

"No. He didn't and she said she didn't throw up on his shoes either." he just smiled at them.

They all had giddy looks on their faces, they knew she had probably been freaking out all day. "Let's get home." Jimin smiled, "we are done here today anyway."