Chapter 13

1 month later

Ami hadn't heard from the guys all day, but it was Friday and they usually had a standing dinner date at the apartment. She got off work, ran home for a few things, and headed over. She let herself in, like usual, but the house seemed quiet. "Hello?" She called out as she took off her shoes and jacket.

"Ami?" She heard someone call from the rooms. She wandered down the hall and heard someone coughing. She knocked on Jimin's door and opened it slowly. "Hey, you OK?" She saw him bundled up in his bed. "Where is everyone?" she asked as she walked over to him. Jimin looked pale and was shaking, even though he was under 5 blankets. She felt his head, "You are burning up sweetie, have you taken any meds?" she asked.

Jimin looked up at her, his eyes half closed. "Ami, you s-shouldn't be here, I'm going to get you s-sick." He was having a hard time forming words as he shook.

"Jimin, look at me, where is everyone else?" She took his face in her hands so he could focus on her. "Why did they leave you here by yourself?" She was concerned for him, he wasn't able to respond clearly.

Ami saw a thermometer on the table and grabbed it and took his temperature. "Jesus, 104.5." Ami grabbed a cold washcloth and put it on his head. She needed to cool him down, now. She grabbed her phone and called everyone, but it just rang. No one picked up. She called Dr. Lee and left a message to come over right away. "Where the hell is everyone.." she said to herself as she ran and turned on his shower and opened his cabinets to find some fever reducer. After searching through all the cabinets she found some medicine and ran back to him.

"Hey, we need to get your fever down now, OK? Here, honey, I need you to swallow this medicine. Please Jimin." He opened his mouth and she put the pills in, then gave him some water to wash it down with. "Good job honey, now I need you to come with me, we need to go get in a cool shower." Ami started to pull the blankets back and she could feel the heat coming off him. "I hurt... everywhere.." Jimin winced as she helped him get up.

"I know honey.. listen.. we are going to get in the shower to get your fever to come down, you will feel better when the medicine kicks in. Then you can sleep. Come with me." Ami supported him as they made their way into the bathroom and they both walked into the shower with all their clothes on.

"It's s-s-so coooold!" he cried, the water felt freezing although it was lukewarm.

"I know sweetie, it feels really cold to you, that's because you are too warm." Ami was standing with him in a hug, holding him up in the shower. His legs started to buckle with exhaustion. "Sit Jimin... Jimin...sit down... I will hold you, honey, just sit and rest." He slowly sat down in the running shower, shivering, and leaned up against her. She sat with him and spoke calmly into his ear, telling him stories about growing up in London. She needed them to come home.

***

The rest of the guys had been in meetings with their team all day and didn't have their phones on. Jimin was supposed to come, but he wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home to sleep. After their meetings, they piled back in the van to head home. Namjoon turned his phone back on and saw he had 3 missed calls from Ami, but no messages. Hobi then mentioned he had some missed calls as well. They all looked and had multiple missed calls, but no messages. He tried to call her back, but she didn't pick up.

The guys got back to the apartment and saw Ami's jacket and shoes by the door when they came in. "Ami? Jimin?" Namjoon called out, as he kicked off his shoes. "In here! Help us!" they heard her yell out. All six boys went sprinting into Jimin's room to find her trying to help a half-conscious Jimin out of the shower.