Chapter 71

18 and older, enjoy!

They came home from the studio and were dying to ask her about her meeting.

"Tell us everything,"  Jimin said as they were still taking off their shoes as they came in the door. 

Ami was sitting on the couch as they all but ran in the door.  Ami just laughed.  "It was OK, I was a lot more comfortable than I expected, so that felt good."

Hobi sat down next to her, "How long was your meeting?" 

"Ummm...45 minutes?"  She said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"45 MINUTES?!" They almost all said back to her at the same time.

"Is that bad?"  Ami didn't know what to expect from the meeting, so she didn't think anything of the time. 

"NO.. they are usually 10 minutes, tops." Jin was surprised they talked for so long.   

"Oh.  Interesting."  She smiled at them.

"What did you all talk about for 45 minutes?"  Namjoon asked as he sat down on the other side of her on the couch. 

"Um, well it started 'tell me about yourself 'when did you start doing music.' He asked how I knew Suga and Jaks, I just said through a mutual friend.  He asked if I wrote my own songs, I said I do and that I have notebooks of songs I'm working on." 

"You do?"  Yoongi said, light in his eyes.  She just nodded at him with a smile.  Yoongi loved that she was writing and following her passion for music. 

"He wanted to know who designed my award show performance, I said I did.   He wanted to know why I keep my privacy, and I told him I have a boring life, and no one needs to know what kind of cabbage I buy at the store." The boys laughed, " he wanted to know if I would reveal my identity if I signed."

"What did you say?"  Jungkook asked quickly, they all wondered how she was going to navigate her privacy with the company.

"I said,  'Why? There are very few artists that choose to keep this part of them private, and I think part of that unknown drives up the interest and mystery when it comes to popularity.  That's when he looked up at the other two people in the room, and he asked what I would think about becoming a trainee." 

"Who was there with him?" Yoongi was trying to figure out what kind of meeting she really had with them.  It definitely wasn't the standard meeting they had with new artists they were scouting out. 

"I don't know, they were sitting on the back side of the computer, they were just listening.  They never introduced themselves."   She replayed the conversation for them, and they were shocked by how bold she was with him. 

"You said all that?" Tae sat back shocked.

"Why not?  Listen. I'm not going to lead them on and tell them I'll do anything to get signed when I'm not.  I don't want to waste my time and be stuck in a 'trainee' program for 5 years because I won't play ball with them how they want.  They need to know now.  I don't want to waste my time or theirs." 

She looked around at them, they all just looked bewildered.

"I don't know why you are all so shocked by me at this point in our relationship." She laughed at them. 

"What else did you talk about?" Namjoon asked as he pulled her onto his lap. 

Ami spent another 15 minutes recapping the conversation.  "In the end, he said it was nice to meet me and they would be in touch." She finished up, sitting back on the couch and shrugging her shoulders.  "So we will see, I guess."