Chapter 23

The doctor left and she closed her eyes. Her body hurt, but it was starting to change over to an all-around dull ache. She felt someone running their hands through her hair, pulling it back for her. She opened her eyes and looked up and saw Jimin's face "thanks." she said quietly. He kissed her on the head with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a truck hit me, but I'll live." she gave a little smile back.

Yoongi had been watching her closely, "Ami, remind me never to underestimate you. I can't believe what you did to that guy." They all saw him being hauled out, he looked like hell.

Ami gave them a little smile, "I'm sure it looked worse than it was."

"Well, it looked bad." He was remembering what he looked like, shaking his head.

"Your voice changed after he pushed you. I could hear your tone change, you were not going to put up with his shit." Jungkook took her hand and carefully held it in his.

She looked over at him, she knew exactly what he was talking about, "I hate being backed into a corner. It's the one thing that I absolutely won't put up with. It just flips a switch in me." She ran her fingers through his as they sat together.

"I hope I don't ever push you to that point." Tae sat back, just watching her.

They all continued to talk for a while, about the night and what happened. Everyone was decompressing from the evening. The amount of love and support was almost overwhelming for her, and she started to realize how much pain and stress she had put them through.

"I'm sorry for everything tonight." She said quietly.

"Honey," Namjoon said. "Look at me." Ami looked over at him, with tears in her eyes. She pulled on his heartstrings, he reached up and wiped her tears. "We are just happy you are OK and nothing else more severe happened. You did everything right, it was just horrible circumstances. Okay? Now, I think we need to get you into bed, it has been a LONG day, and you need to rest."

"I would like that, can you help me please?" Jungkook and Namjoon each gently grabbed her hand and arm, and she slowly stood up. Tae came over and kissed her on her cheek. "See you in the morning," he said softly, she nodded and said goodnight to everyone.

Namjoon was leading her towards the guest room when she softly spoke up, "Joon, can I sleep in your room tonight?" He loved the way she called him 'Joon', he warmly responded, talking right near her ear, "Of course, you can, anytime." with that, he opened the door to his room and helped her get settled in his big bed.

Ami laid back, it felt so warm and safe in his room. It was the first place she met him, where he watched over her that first night as she was sick. Where she realized she wanted to be.

"I think I will stay and keep you company until you fall asleep." He said with a smile as he pulled up a chair next to her. "If that's OK with you."

"Please do..." she reached over and intertwined her fingers with his. Her hands felt so soft and delicate and didn't want to let them go.

"Of all the things I have been through in my life, tonight was the most terrifying thing I have experienced." He said to her, "when you texted for help, it killed me. We couldn't get there fast enough to protect you." Tears swelled up in his eyes as he spoke to her, "I just don't know what would happen if something worse happened tonight." He added, putting his head down on the bed, his heart was hurting for her.

"Hey.. hey... Joon.." She said quietly. He looked up at her, as she played with his hair.

"All the guys love you, and we want nothing more than for you to be OK."

"What about you?" She was scared to hear the answer but she needed to know. She knew in her heart what she felt for him and reached back down and slipped her hand into his.

He put her hand up to his lips, kissed it, and held it there as he looked into her eyes. "I have feelings for you. I have from the beginning, but I don't want to make it weird for you if you don't."

"Won't that make it awkward for the group?" Ami had always worried about what a relationship would do to the group, which is why she was careful with letting him know how she was feeling.

"They know. They all know how I feel, and it comes down to you. It's whatever you want and whatever is comfortable for you. That's what I want, and in turn, that's what they want. I want to take care of you and I want to be a part of you."

She looked over at him, he was gently running his fingers over her hand. Tracing around the bruises, careful not to hurt her, waiting for her answer.

"I want you to stay tonight and always. I have always felt so safe with you, even when I was trying to keep my guard up. You have always been there looking out for me, from tonight to locking my door behind me when you would walk me home." She smiled as he looked up at her, he didn't know she knew he did that. "I fought so hard today, and it was really because of you. I knew you were coming to fight for me, it was because of you." She couldn't keep the tears in anymore, the overwhelming emotions of the day were taking over.

He stood up and leaned over, cupping her face with his hands, and kissed her with a long kiss. He was so soft and careful with her. When he pulled away from her lips, he rested his forehead on hers. "Will you stay with me, I don't want to be alone tonight," Ami asked, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I can be with you every night, you don't have to be alone again." He climbed into bed with her and carefully held her while she melted into him. "You feel so good in my arms, I've wanted to hold you like this for so long." He murmured to her in her ear. She carefully rolled up against him, nuzzling into his chest. "I'm so happy," she said as she looked up at him and he leaned into a long kiss with her. He wanted to keep kissing her, but she needed to rest. She almost instantly fell asleep while he played with her hair. He watched her and kissed her face before falling asleep himself.