Chapter 15

Time flew by and the boys were getting ready to leave to go on their 5 day Japan trip. It was Friday and they were having their weekly standing dinner at the apartment together.

"Ami, we want you to stay at the apartment while we are gone," Tae spoke up while they were waiting for Jin to finish cooking the food. "Why? Do you need someone to water your plants?" Ami said sarcastically looking over at him as she took a sip of her drink.

"Or you should come with us!" Jungkook added excitedly. "While that is enticing," she gave him a sarcastic smirk, "we are busy at work this week. Anyway, this is a business trip for you guys and you have ARMYs to love on." She said to Jungkook in a sing-song voice and then laughed. "Why do you want me to stay here anyway?"

"We would feel better knowing you were being looked after by security while we are out of town, at least at night." Yoongi made eye contact with her as she sat across the table from her. He liked her, she was smart and funny, but also didn't take any shit from anyone. She was really good and made everyone feel equal, while he thought maybe Namjoon and her had a little something special underneath it all. The members had been talking all week about the fact they were going to be gone, and none of them liked the thought of her being home by herself. Hobi had the idea of asking her to stay at their apartment.

"But I stay at my house now, I don't have security looking after me at night. That I'm aware of anyway..." Then she looked at them with suspicion.

They laughed and Hobi said, "No, but if you need anything we are 10 minutes away, and we're fine with that for the most part. But we will be out of the country, and if something happens... with our fans or something else... Well, we would just feel better if you stayed here. What do you think?"

She hadn't given it any thought about what would happen when the guys were out of town. She didn't think anything would really change, but they were concerned about it. "Can I think about it?" Ami asked, seriously.

"Of course, now let's eat." Jin brought the food over and set it down. Everyone dug in and the rest of the night was full of laughter and the usual antics.

***

Namjoon and Ami were slowly walking home, enjoying the night air together. She lived just a few minutes away and he wanted to drag out their time together as much as possible. "So what do you think about staying while we are gone?" He loved the idea of her being there, he wouldn't mind if she stayed over more often, it felt good to have her close.

"Would you all really feel better if I did? It would be like any other week you know, you get back on Friday and I usually don't see you guys until then anyway." They turned down her lane and slowly walked towards her door.

"It would just put us at ease knowing you were there. Please consider it." They stopped outside her cottage and he turned to face her. He reached up and gently moved her hair, running it back behind her ear. He had a way with his touch that caused her both to be calm and excited at the same time, he made her heart race.

She thought about it as he looked down at her, "I'll come and stay while you are gone... for the sake of the plants of course." She smiled up at him. "Do you want to come in?"

"Good." He said, giving her a flash of his dimpled smile, "I do need to go, we have a busy couple of days before we fly out. I will let the security know you will be staying starting Monday night, they will keep an eye out for you. If you need anything, text us, although we might not be able to get back to you until late in the evening. Our days are packed full. Otherwise, we will be home Friday evening and we would love to have dinner with you that night if you are up for it. We can order in, we will all be too tired to cook."

"Sounds like a plan to me, be safe, OK?" she gave him a sweet smile. "Of course." He said softly back to her.

With that Namjoon held her door open, and locked it behind her before he closed it.