Chapter 10

Ami woke up and looked at her phone, it was 9 am. Last night's emotional release of years of stress and feelings was exhausting, but she felt so much lighter than she had in years. She crawled out of bed and cleaned up in the bathroom before she headed out. As she walked out into the main area of the apartment she noticed it seemed quiet.

"Hello?" She called out, but no reply came. The blankets and pillows were all still laying around from movie night, but the guys were all gone. Looking around she found a note on the table addressed to her:

'Ami-

We got called into the studio early this morning and won't be home until late tonight. Sorry, we won't be here when you wake up. Help yourself to whatever you want and we'll talk to you soon.'

-The Guys-

PS: Oh, and here's a little homework for you to do when you have time, do a little research on BTS. -RM

'RM?' She thought to herself. She put the note in her pocket, cleaned up the apartment a bit for them, left a note on the table, grabbed her stuff, and headed home.

Later that evening they all came back from the studio, exhausted from their late night and then long unexpected day. They came in, tossed their stuff down, and settled in for the night. "Is Ami still here?" Jungkook asked as he flopped himself onto the couch. "Looks like she went home, she left a note on the table." Jin picked it up and read it out loud:

"Thanks for the fun night, hope you guys are hungry, there's food in the fridge. Talk to you soon. -a"

"She left us dinner!" Hobi called from the open fridge. "Can we keep her?" He was smiling his big smile while he pulled out the dishes. The guys all made their way to the kitchen, they sat around the table to talk about her. Yoongi, Jin, and Namjoon filled the group in on what happened the night before.

"What do you think she will want to do when she figures out the gravity of who we are?" Jungkook asked while refilling his bowl. "Do you think she will freak out?"

"I think she will be OK. She's stronger than she appears." Jimin enjoyed talking to her and hoped she would stay.

"What do you think, Joon? You've spent the most time with her out of all of us." Hobi asked. Everyone turned and looked at their leader who was sitting quietly at the head of the table. "I truly think she is who she appears to be. She's an observant, resilient person, and she has been through a lot in her life...but there is a soft spot there that I worry about, that our lifestyle may be overwhelming for her. I hope not though, I really enjoy spending time with her." He trailed off and then started in on his second helping of food.

Jin and Hobi smiled but didn't say anything. They rarely saw their leader remotely interested in someone.

Tae got up from the table, "Well I'm heading off to bed, it's been a long day." He went and grabbed his bag to head off to his room and noticed the extra black key card laying on the table by the door. "Hey, whose card is this?" Everyone checked and they had their cards.

"It must be the one I gave Ami to get in yesterday," Namjoon said, confused. "She left it behind?" "Did you tell her to keep it?" Yoongi asked.

"No, I guess I didn't..." Just then he got a text.

***

Ami had left the apartment and walked back home. It was a beautiful morning, and while still tired, everything felt lighter for her. Letting her guard down was something she hadn't planned, but the realization of how much better she felt wasn't lost on her either.

She walked in her door and grabbed something to eat. As she sat down she pulled her phone out of her purse. "BTS huh? Let's see what I'm supposed to figure out."

After about 2 hours, she put her phone down and sat there stunned. "Holy. Shit." It was an information overload for her. 'It explains a lot.' she thought to herself. 'But global superstars?' It made more sense why they didn't tell her at first, some of the fan pages she found were supportive, and some were obsessively disturbing. She thought about how hard it must be to trust people, and that they opened up and trusted her at all to tell her. So now the ball was in her court and it made more sense when they told her she may not want to associate with them after she knew.

She decided to go out and grab a coffee and get some fresh air. She walked around all day, enjoying the beautiful day and just thinking about everything that had happened over the past week.

It was starting to get dark, and Ami found herself walking back towards home, and near the boy's apartment. She sat down across the street and looked up at the building for a while, then she took out her phone and texted Namjoon.