Chapter 22

Jungkook asked quietly, "OK, are you ready?" She nodded, took a breath, and then she felt 4 pairs of hands helping lift her onto her feet. Ami winced and let out a short staggered breath, "watch my ribs...". Jimin and Hobi looked at each other and lifted the back of her shirt, and they could see bruises start to form. "Oh baby.. " Jimin said, holding back tears. Hobi looked like he was about ready to murder someone.

Namjoon spoke quietly in her ear, "How do you feel, can you walk?" They could feel her sway as she stood up, and they adjusted to keep her upright.

"Give me a moment.." Ami said with her eyes closed. She could start to feel her muscles ache, she just wanted to get to the apartment so she could lie down, she needed to push through a little longer. "Let's go," she whispered. They slowly helped her outside into the front seat of the van. The van door closed and she closed her eyes. Namjoon sat behind her and wrapped his arms around her seat to hold her shoulders. She could hear them quietly talking as the van carefully drove back to the apartment, although she couldn't make out what they were saying.

She felt the van stop moving and heard the engine turn off, Namjoon was in her ear again. "Ami, we're home." As the door opened she looked over and he gave her a soft smile as he helped her out of the van.

Mr. Su and Pak were waiting for them when they arrived. They were both shocked to see the state she was in when the boys helped her out of the van. Mr. Su jumped to help support her on one side while Namjoon had the other. "Dr. Lee is here." she heard one of them tell one of the boys as they helped her. "If you need an ambulance let me know, and I'll call one for her."

She noticed her legs were starting to feel heavier the closer they got to the apartment. "I just need to lay down," she muttered. "Soon" she heard someone say back to her. It was almost too much, she was starting to struggle.

Dr. Lee met them at the door of the apartment when they arrived, his heart sank when he saw her. Her clothes were ripped and her arms were covered in red marks that soon would be bruised. Her face was starting to show a black eye forming along with marks on her cheeks. The boys looked upset and devastated, he gestured for them to bring her over to the kitchen where he had supplies already set up on the counter. Namjoon and Yoongi stayed by her side as the Dr. came up to examine her.

"Ami, can you open your eyes for me?" He asked softly. She opened her eyes and tried hard to focus on him. "We are going to need to help you change your clothes, OK?" She nodded at him. He looked at Jimin, "do you have anything else for her to change into?"

"Yes, just a second." Jimin ran to the guest room and grabbed some clothes she had there.

"Namjoon, stand behind her and support her while we do this." As he slid behind her, he moved his hands down to rest on her hips to keep her steady. She leaned back into his chest and relaxed. She liked the feeling of his strong hands on her waist and focused on that feeling to stop feeling the pain that was creeping throughout her body.

"OK, dear, do you want the boys to stay for this next part? We need to get you into clean clothes." The doctor was opening bandages and getting ointment ready to use.

"Please stay." She whispered. "If you want to, that is." Nobody moved. They had all been through so much that night, seeing her change her clothes was the least of anyone's concerns. They just needed her to be OK. They all came closer to help with whatever the doctor needed.

Jimin got her shirt ready and stood next to her, locking eyes with her. "Hey, we will do this slowly, OK?" She nodded and closed her eyes. As she closed her eyes her head began to spin and she felt dizzy. "Ami? Hey.. hold her... doctor?." Namjoon's hands instantly tightened on her waist and she could feel Jin and Yoongi grab her from each side as her head fell to the side a little.