Chapter 21

Ami opened the door, expecting to see Namjoon, but it was her coworker she thought had driven away in the taxi. She gasped as he pushed her across the room with full force. She couldn't keep her feet and he threw her back into the blue chair that was in the corner of the room. The sound of the chair breaking into pieces echoed throughout the house.

She felt a sharp pain in her ribs and her back where she fell making her let out a gasp and a moan. She looked up at him, trying to focus through the pain and wrap her head around what was happening. "What ..are you... doing?!" She was able to get out between surges of pain.

"You won't ignore me anymore!" He growled at her. This statement had flipped a switch inside her. Her fight or flight kicked in and her adrenaline pumped through her body and the pain went away she was feeling. "Mr. Lu...come on...you don't want to do this..." she was trying to buy some time, but she was getting mad. She needed to get him out of her face.

She reached around her for the leg of the chair that had broken off, swung it around, and hit him in the side of his head as hard as she could, knocking him back for a second. A small bead of blood started running down his face from where she hit him. "Stupid bitch." he said as he was trying to wipe the blood off his face.

"Listen asshole, who the fuck do you think you are!!" she yelled at him trying to get up while holding her ribs.

He rushed her again, trying to grab her feet and drag her across the room, but she used all her strength to fight him, kicking and hitting him. "NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed with every fiber of her being. She was able to land a kick to his knee, dropping him down for a second so she kicked him in the face with all she had. The crunch of his nose made him cry out in pain, falling to the ground. This gave her time to crawl towards the kitchen to try and get some distance between him.

Ami pulled herself up and used the counter to hold herself up then turned and faced him. Her head was buzzing and she was trying to keep upright. He was standing there, smirking through the blood now streaming down his face. "You are mine now bitch." He said with a menacing smile.

"Then you don't know me very well." She said back with an equal amount of hostility.

He ran at her one last time, pushing her into the bookcase in the corner. At the same time, she swung a pot she had grabbed off the counter around and hit him on the side of the head. He went down with a groan, and it gave her enough time to start to crawl towards the front door, gasping for air as she wrapped her arms around her stomach.

She knew the boys would be there soon, she just needed to hold on a little longer.

Their van raced up the lane just as the police were entering her house. They had called them as soon as they talked to her in the taxi. With all their experience with stalkers and crazy fans, they didn't take chances anymore. The police stayed on the phone with them as they drove to the house and they could hear everything over the van speaker in real-time as it was happening. Her phone had stayed connected through the entire attack. All the boys could do was listen in horror as it happened.

They jumped out of the van, frantic, and ran inside. "Oh my god.." Namjoon whispered...Her house was destroyed, and they were dragging out a bloodied and partially unconscious man. Ami was being helped to a chair as they walked in. She looked up and saw them run in, she gave them a pained smile. She was starting to feel all the pain throughout her body from the attack and was breathing really slow deep jagged breaths.

Namjoon, Hobi, Jungkook, and Jimin went straight to her to check on her. "Jesus Ami, are you OK??" Hobi was down at her level, holding her face in his hands, looking her in the eyes. She gave a little nod but didn't say anything. Her head felt heavy in his hands.

Namjoon knelt next to her to look her in the eyes. He looked down and saw bruises and scratches on her arms and legs. Her clothes had been ripped and she had marks starting to show on her face. He wanted to cry, but they needed to get her out of there.

"Hey, Ami... " Namjoon spoke softly, she turned her gaze to him. He noticed her eyes weren't focused on him although she was looking at him. . "Is anything broken? Can you walk?"

"I don't know..." She said softly.

She heard someone say, "we need to take her to the hospital."

"Nooo.. just take me back to the apartment please.." Ami whispered, closing her eyes, "I don't want to be here anymore." They all had tears in their eyes but were trying to keep it together to get her out of there.

Jin handed a card to the police and said quietly, "This is her lawyer, she will be pressing full charges. We are going to take her with us, call us if you need statements, you have our information."

Taehyung and Yoongi were talking to the police outside. They told them that if they didn't know any better, based on the injuries of the attacker, he would swear he was beaten by a group of people, but it was all her. "Shit.." Taehyung said under his breath, it was too much to take in. Yoongi shook his head, leaned down to the window of the police car where her co-worker was placed, and said to him in a low growl, "You are lucky the police go to you first, otherwise they would be taking you in a body bag."