Chapter 48

"Hey babe, are you almost home?" He said as he answered the phone. "Oh, Mr. Su just got here too."

"Can you put me on speaker phone?" She asked him, "Are the guys there too?"

"Suuurre.. Just a second." He said hesitantly. "Why don't I like the feeling of this?" he said flatly.

"What's going on Ami?" She heard Jin say.

"OK, so first let me tell you about my night," Ami told them all about the nice restaurant, meeting Park Jin-young, what he said, and how things didn't add up.

"You don't think your friend was in on it?" Mr. Su asked.

"No, he can't rub two brain cells together. He told me he loved the food there but then asked for recommendations for what was good. He was super uncomfortable when Park was talking to me and when I complimented him about being such a valued employee they would give him a company car, he crawled out of his skin. I think they set him up to get info and promised him a fancy dinner and a car for the night. He's an idiot."

"So, what was the point of all this?" Hobi asked.

"JYP was one of the companies that wanted to sign me, but I politely turned them down. I never met them or gave them my real name, but it seems they have maybe done some research. I don't know how else to explain it. It was all to, calculated." Ami said.

"How do you have a second apartment no one knows about?" Namjoon was getting flustered.

Mr. Su updated the guys about her conversation with him a few weeks ago. Her concerns for something just like this. "This would have been the perfect solution to getting her home from your stadium show months ago. It's a safe place where she can land if need be. It protects her and you all."

"But she is there by herself," Jungkook said quietly.

"Not, exactly." Mr. Su added, "I took the liberty to rent the apartments on either side of her, so if she is there, there are team members automatically there as well. She has people should she need them."

"How many apartments are on a floor?" Tae asked.

"Just three." Mr. Su smiled. "The entire floor is hers, and it's just 5 minutes away."

"Why did they give him a car?" Jimin asked, still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

"He asked me if he could drive me home. I'm guessing they wanted to know where I lived, which is why I couldn't come back tonight. I hope you guys understand. If we wanted to announce something on our own, that's one thing. But I don't want you guys or myself in a situation that can be helped if need be. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I honestly didn't think we would need it, but you know... backup plans and all..." she trailed off... They all knew she always had a backup plan for things she could.

"So, do we know if she was even followed? Because if she wasn't, she could come back, right?" Yoongi was bothered that she wasn't there with them as well. They were all bothered by her not being there, yet they also understood what she had done was for them.

"I took a taxi here." She said, "I don't know."

"You didn't go with the driver?" Namjoon asked, surprised.

"Well, no. I didn't know if eyes were watching, wouldn't that look odd if I had a driver? I don't technically have a "job", why would I have a driver? It didn't make sense."

"Ami, if you ever need a job, I will hire you in a second." Mr. Su laughed, shaking his head. She was so fast and smart when it came to quick decisions. She could see all the variables that could be and make course corrections on the fly.

"I would take that job," she replied.

"So, her team is there now. Given that this is something new, I suggest she just stays there tonight, and we will bring her back in the morning. We have to assume she was followed, although we don't know that. I can do some digging with some contacts I have at JYP and see if any rumors would be helpful. We also have our people watching online. I know nobody is happy about this, but, if it is what she thought it was, it could have bought some time for all of you until we can come up with something else. I don't think this is the end solution, but it is a good one for now for sure." With that, he got up and collected his stuff.

"Thank you Mr. Su." they heard Ami say over the phone.

"Of course. Good night." and with that, he let himself out.

Namjoon took her off speaker phone and walked into his bedroom to talk to her in private.

"This sucks," Jungkook said, as he sat back on the couch. "We are going to need a different plan, I don't know what it is, but I don't like it."

"No one does, Kook. The good news is she is safe where she is, and Mr. Su will figure out what's going on." Jimin rubbed his head and Kook closed his eyes.

Namjoon closed his door, "Babe, I don't like you not being here." he said sadly to her on the phone. "I'm glad you are there though. Although, I wish you would have told me beforehand."

"I know, I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't keep it from you to be a jerk, I honestly thought there would be time to talk before possibly using it. I'm not going to sleep well tonight without you." She said back to him. "I love you though."

"I love you too. I really do." He smiled as he said that to her.

"I'll see you tomorrow OK? Sleep well, and... you have my permission to play with the boys if they want to." She giggled at him.

"Babe!" He laughed at her.

"Well, I didn't want you to feel left out if Kook needed bossing around or Hobi needed to visit," she said slyly.

"You're bad." He said to her, but now kind of turned on.

"Well, we can talk about my punishment tomorrow." She said as she laid back on the bed.

"Oh, there will be a punishment, be ready." He said to her in a low voice.

"I look forward to it, maybe get some ideas from the guys...then we can talk" she trailed off.

"OH... MY... GOD... I swear, you are going to get it." she could now hear the hitch in his voice.

"Say hi to Hobi for me baby." And with that, she hung up the phone.