Chapter 3

Jungkook shot up with sounds of thunder. "Are they back yet?"

"No" Hobi replied, equally as nervous, he picked up his phone and called Namjoon. All eyes went to the table when they heard it ring, he had forgotten to take it with him.

Just then they heard the rain start to pound and the apartment sat in silence at the thought of their friends being out in the storm. "Should we go look for them?" Jimin's voice cracked with urgency. "Look for who?" Jin asked, walking out toweling off his wet hair. "What's wrong?" He could see everyone was nervous.

Tae looked over at him, "Yoongi and Namjoon left 20 minutes ago... to go for a run." "What?! Why?! They're running in a storm?!?" Jin yelled, trying to comprehend why they would be out in this weather. Hobi spoke up quickly, "They said they would only be 20-30 minutes tops, so they should be back soon." He took a breath, "They didn't know the rain would hit so fast."

Just then there was pounding on the door and yelling. Jin ran to the door and flung it open. There were their friends, soaking wet and trying to catch their breath with an unconscious girl on Yoongi's back. Everyone jumped up scrambling to help. Namjoon tossed her bag in the corner and started to pull his wet shoes off. " Who is this....What happened?!" Jin ran to get towels as Jungkook and Hobi started carefully helping get the girl off Yoongi's back as they tried to catch their breath.

Jimin bent down to help Yoongi pull off his shoes, "Stop! Who is bleeding?!" Jimin yelled with panic in his voice. Everyone froze and looked at the floor, a pool of blood was starting to form, dripping from the soaking wet party in the front hall. They all looked at Namjoon, and he shook his head and quickly said "not me", all eyes went to Yoongi. "It must be her, put her on the couch." The boys moved her quickly and noticed she had cuts and glass in her hand and arm. Yoongi quickly updated everyone on what had happened.

Namjoon grabbed the med kit and started pulling supplies out, while Hobi and Tae started to apply pressure on her cuts and removed any glass they could see. "How did she get so cut up?" Tae was concerned about all the cuts they were trying to put pressure on. "I don't know, she must have fallen on something, it was dark," Yoongi said as he wrapped a towel around himself and came over to the couch.

Jimin sat down by her head and was calmly talking in her ear, reassuring her she was safe and what was going on. He started to move her hair off her face..." guys, she's burning up. I think she's sick". They all stopped what they were doing and looked at her. Namjoon put his hands on her face and the back of her neck, "she needs a doctor, call Dr. Lee." he said calmly. Dr. Lee was the group's on-call doctor. He has helped them many times over the years, but never for a call like this.

Hobi got up and made the call, explaining the whole situation. "He's on his way, he says we need to get her out of her wet clothes."

"He wants us to do what?" Jungkook was standing off to the side, his eyes big and just trying to take in everything that was happening.

Namjoon spoke without missing a beat, "We need to get her warm and dry." He thought for a moment, "Bring that blanket over here. Jungkook, go grab a t-shirt and shorts we can put her into. Jin, come stand on her left side, and Hobi on her right." Namjoon sat behind her and propped her up against him. As she was leaning back onto his chest, he could feel her tremble as the heat radiated off her body. Jin and Hobi draped a blanket over her, and then pulled her shirt off and tossed it on the floor. The blanket kept her covered enough while they slipped one of JK's oversized shirts on her. With the shirt coming down to her mid-thighs, they were able to slip her skirt off and wiggle some shorts on her.

"S-sooo coold..." Ami whispered as they worked as fast as they could. She was starting to shake from the fever. "I'm so sorry sweetheart we will get you warm soon," Namjoon said in her ear. They laid her back down on the couch, covering her with blankets. Jimin brought over a cold towel and placed it on her forehead. He started talking to her again in a low, sweet tone trying to make her comfortable. Hobi and Tae started putting pressure on her hand and arm again.

As they waited for the doctor Jin took Namjoon to the side. "Are you OK? You and Yoongi need to get out of your wet clothes or you will get sick too." "No, I'm fine.." Namjoon replied, trying to reassure him but Jin wasn't having it. "Joon, go put dry clothes on, the doctor will be here any minute." As he pushed him toward his room, Namjoon grabbed his ribs and stumbled. Yoongi grabbed him by his arm "Hey, you OK?" Yoongi asked, concerned as he tightened his grip on his arm. "What's wrong?" Between the run and the crash, his muscles were starting to feel the impact of the evening. "Sorry, I'm just tired." He turned and forced a smile to hopefully reassure Yoongi, but it was met with suspicious eyes. "I'm fine."

He entered his room, grabbed some clothes, and went into the bathroom to change. While he was in there he noticed his left arm and the palms of his hands were scraped up from hitting the pavement, but his ribs on his right side were starting to show a bruise from the collision. He slipped on a dry shirt and pants and ran back to the living room.

Dr. Lee had just arrived and Hobi was filling him in. Everyone gave Dr. Lee space as he calmly started to examine her. "How did she get these?" the doctor asked. He was inspecting the cuts on her palm and arm. "We aren't sure, there must have been something on the ground when she fell," Taehyung said. "Well it looks like you were able to get most of the debris out, so that's good. She won't need any stitches, but she will need to keep the bandages clean. I'll give her some antibiotics for her wounds so she won't get an infection." He worked quickly to get her bandaged up.

"What about her fever?" Jimin was concerned. He had been keeping a cold compress on her head. Dr. Lee spent a few more minutes checking her over, then looked up to reassure him, "She will need a day to two to recover, but she should be OK. I will leave some medicine for her to take when she wakes up. Is she staying here tonight? Do you know if she has someone you can call?"

Namjoon spoke up, "Why don't we get her settled in my room, then we can work on calling her family, I'm sure someone is worried about her in this weather." Jungkook stepped up and carefully picked her up, she leaned into his neck, wincing a bit in pain. "Sweet girl...you are going to be OK," he whispered to her. Jimin, Taehyung, and Hobi followed to help get her settled.

Dr. Lee looked at Namjoon, "Now what about you? Let me see your arm, it looks like you scraped it up pretty well." He examined his arms and hands, and put some ointment on them. "Just keep them clean, and they should heal up nicely. Yoongi said you hurt your ribs too, let me see." Namjoon shot Yoongi a look and he just gave him a shrug back. "Ahh, they are fine, really. It's just from when we crashed into each other." he winced as the doctor examined them. "They're bruised, let's wrap them, and you need to rest too." Dr. Lee said. "No strenuous work for a few days. Call me if she gets worse tonight, otherwise, I'll be back tomorrow." He said with his calm reassuring smile.

"Thank you so much Dr. Lee ", Namjoon said as he showed him to the door.

Yoongi picked up her bag and took it to the table, "maybe we can find out her name at least". Namjoon looked down at the bag and was surprised he recognized it as the girl he saw earlier in the day.