Part 123

Carina POV

I reached the end of the aisle and glanced up at Andrea before he gently patted my arm that was currently entwined with his before releasing it.

He brought the back of my hand to his lips, leaving a soft kiss before stepping back to stand beside Andy.

Elva gave me a little cheeky wave before both of our attentions were grabbed by Maya.

Despite seeing her only moments ago, my breath got caught seeing her walk slowly towards me, a light blush on her cheeks at everyone's eyes on her.

Gibson delivered her to me, a grin like a Cheshire Cat on his face as he placed her hand in mine.

"Hi," she giggled awkwardly, trying to ignore everyone else in the room.

"Ciao bellina," I whispered, tucking a loose piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Ready?" She asked.

I squeezed her hand.

"Ready," I nodded.

The two of us turned to the front, proudly standing in front of Ben, who we'd chosen to officiate our marriage.

"Please be seated," Ben instructed the room, earning a few laughs from our friends at how seriously he was taking his role.

"It is my complete honour to be standing up here today, to FINALLY join the two of you together," he commenced.

I smiled and let out a breath.

It was really happening.

Ben continued.

"The most remarkable moment in life is when you meet the person who makes you feel complete. The person who makes the world a beautiful and magical place. The person with whom you share a bond so special that it transcends normal relationships and becomes something so pure and so wonderful, that you can't imagine spending another day of your life without them. For Maya and Carina, that happened about 2 years ago when they met in Joe's bar. And we all know the rest was a steamy history,"

Again the crowd of our friends laughed, I smirked and Maya blushed.

"I know how deeply these two care for and love one another, and I feel privileged to be here today among all of you as a witness of their commitment to a lifetime of love for one another, and not forgetting their love for their beautiful daughter Elva,"

At the mention of Elva's name, Maya and I both looked over, seeing her sat on Andy's knee, watching her moms intently.

"As a third-party spectator to their developing love, it was extremely clear that the two of them represent a perfect pairing because each of them complements the other so well. They balance one another, and while each of them are tremendous individuals on their own, together they are even better. And being better together, as a team, a unit, and partners in crime, is what has been a couple of years in the making and ultimately leads us to being here today, witnessing their commitment to one another in front of those they love most," Ben said proudly.

"And now Maya, Carina," Ben said, addressing us both. 

"I think you're both eager to make this official, you ladies ready?"

"Si si let's do it," I said excitedly.

"Alrighty then," Ben laughed.

"Elva," he whispered, beckoning her over.

She jumped down off Andy's lap and glanced at the crowd of our family and friends before shyly walking up to the front.

She held her hand out, the glistening wedding rings in the middle of her palm.