Part 77

Maya POV

"Maya wait!" I heard Andy call after me.

I ignored her and continued running up the stairs towards my apartment.

"Maya shouldn't we call someone?" She shouted up from behind me.

"Like who Andy? The police? Because they've been on our side lately haven't they?," I said sarcastically.

She ran to catch up with me as I reached the front door to the apartment.

I couldn't stop my hands from trembling as I fumbled with my keys trying to find the correct one. When I found the one I was looking for, I reached out to put it in the lock.

"Take a breath Maya," Andy said, resting her hand on top of my shaking ones to calm me.

I paused and inhaled for a moment, turned the key and pushed open the door.

The sight in front of me made my blood run cold.

My dad was stood in the middle of the apartment, towering over my mom who stood quivering by the wall. I scanned the room for my daughter but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Elva?" I said, looking directly at my mom and ignoring my dad's presence for the moment.

"I told her to get out the room," my mom said trembling.

"And I told you to be quiet!" My dad snapped in her face.

"Where is my daughter?" I asked again, my voice remaining calm but firm.

"I'll get her," Andy whispered, discreetly slipping by me to go look.

"You need to leave," I said defiantly, finally turning my attention to my dad.

"You don't get to speak to me like that young lady," he replied, twisting around to face me.

"While you're in my apartment uninvited, I get to speak to you however the hell I want. Now get out!" I said seriously, my eyes narrow and piercing.

I looked up to see Andy's head pop out of my bedroom. She gave me a knowing nod, letting me know Elva was alright.

I felt some tension leave my body.

"I'm not leaving until she agrees to come with me," he said, gesturing to my mom who was still crying.

"Let me get my things," she whimpered.

"Mom you're not going anywhere," I said.

"She left you, it was her decision and if she wants to stay here then she stays," I added, addressing my dad.

"That's not your choice to make Maya," he said with a low threatening voice.

"No you're right. It's mom's,"

"You need to leave," I repeated, pointing to the door.

"If you're keeping her, then I'm taking yours," he said dangerously, heading towards the bedrooms.

I tried to get to him first before he had chance to enter but he beat me to it and pushed open mine and Carina's bedroom door.

Horror struck, I watched him walk in the room and straight over to Elva who was sat on the bed cuddled up to Andy.

Andy protectively wrapped her arms around Elva when she realised the intent of my dad.

"You're coming with me," he shouted, trying to prise Elva from out of Andy'a grasp.

"Mommy," she screamed, her eyes wide with fear.

"It's okay Elva," I said as calmly as possible. Although we all knew it really wasn't okay.