Part 105

Carina POV

"Andy I have the bambina, she's sick," I sighed, running my hand through my hair and pacing around the kitchen.

"Bring Elva, Vic and I can watch her," she replied.

"Just tell me what's going on?" I asked for the fifth time.

I heard Andy sigh in frustration.

"She won't calm down. I think you're the only one who can help," she explained seriously.

I glanced over into the lounge at Elva lay on her stomach, fast asleep on the sofa.

"I'm on my way," I told Andy.

"Thank you Carina," she said gratefully.

We hung up the phone and I quickly went to grab Elva some clean clothes.

I knelt down beside her, already feeling bad about having to wake her up.

"Bambina," I whispered softly, gently rubbing my hand over her back.

"Wakey wakey bella,"

"Come on bambina, wake up for mama,"

Her eyes began to flutter open and she turned her head to face me.

"Mama," she whiled sleepily.

"Shhh I know bambina," I smiled weakly.

"We need to go to the station bella," I explained.

"I'm sleepy mama," she said, rubbing her eyes with her fists.

"I'm know Elva I'm sorry, you can sleep some more at the station," I tired to bargain.

"Auntie Andy will give you lots of cuddles," I told her, attempting to hide my apprehension.

She nodded as though that had sealed the deal. She pushed herself up and I quickly redressed her.

"I want mommy's shirt on," she said tiredly.

"I know bambina but it's too big to wear anywhere else yet," I tried to explain.

"Please mama," she cried.

"Oh bambina," I sighed, standing up and lifting her onto my hip.

"You can keep hold of it," I said, placing the shirt in her hands.

She sniffed and wiped her eyes, her cries coming to a stop. I grabbed my phone and Elva's medicine that she needed more of soon before rushing out of the apartment.

Arriving at the station, Andy appeared in reception to meet me.

"Where is she?" I asked urgently, Elva stood beside me, arms wrapped around my leg.

"In her office. She won't let any of us in," Andy frowned, glancing at the door with a frown.

"Where's mommy?" Elva asked, getting both of our attention.

"She's just filling out some paperwork mija," Andy said calmly.

Elva nodded and accepted that response.

"Come to your tía beautiful girl," she said warmly, holding her arms out to Elva who gladly released my leg and went to Andy.

"I heard you're sick," Andy said sadly, poking Elva's stomach gently.

Elva nodded.

"Can you give her another dose of this please and check her temperature in twenty minutes?" I asked almost desperately.