Part 120

Maya POV

"Elva go give your mama a snuggle, she's heading out in a minute," I shouted from the kitchen as I was making Elva and I breakfast.

"Where she going?" Elva asked panicked, running in from the lounge.

She wrapped her arms around my legs and looked up at me with wide eyes.

I sighed softly and lifted her onto the counter, her little legs hung over the ledge.

"Sweetie I told you last night, it's bad luck for me and mama to see one another before the wedding so she's going to stay at Teddy's tonight," I explained to her again, gently resting my hand on her knee.

"See her tomorrow?" She asked quietly.

"Of course beautiful girl, becauseee...." I played.

"IT'S THE WEDDING," Elva cheered, a smile retuned on her face.

"It's the wedding," I repeated, leaning forward to nuzzle my nose with hers.

Giggling, she mimicked me also bringing her hands to either side of my face, squishing my cheeks together.

"I can hear one of my favourite sounds," Carina said laughing with us as she joined us in the kitchen with her suitcase and outfit for the wedding, hidden by the suit bag it was in.

"One of your favourite sounds?" I questioned.

"Only you make the other," she whispered, smirking at me as I blushed.

"Mama it's the wedding tomorrow," Elva said excitedly, interrupting the secret conversation between the two of us.

"Si I know bambina. Are you ready to be the prettiest flower girl?" Carina smiled warmly.

"I've been practicing. Auntie Andy let me pretend with her flowers," Elva said proudly.

"I can't wait to see you walk down that aisle bella. Now come snuggle before I have to go," Carina grinned happily, lifting Elva down from the counter.

"Here, snuggle at the kitchen table. Breakfast is ready," I said, placing a bowl of oatmeal topped with strawberries down for Elva.

Forgetting about our usual mealtime rule, Carina sat and allowed Elva to remain across her lap.

"Eat up bambina," Carina said encouragingly.

"Mama?" Elva asked after one mouthful.

"Si bella?" Carina said softly, tucking Elva's hair back out of her face.

"After wedding are we going to see Santa?" Elva asked innocently.

"Not right away bambina but soon," Car chuckled lightly.

"I promise we'll take you bubs, not eat up so mama can get going," I said, pointing to the uneaten oatmeal.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" Carina smirked.

"No I just don't want to tempt fate," I laughed.

"I didn't think you were superstitious?" She replied, her eyebrow raised.

"I'm not, I just think we should embrace some traditions that's all," I said seriously.

"You're nervous," she said, calling me out.

"No I'm not," I laughed awkwardly.

"Si bellina you are. You're getting all red and flushed," she laughed.

"Stop it!" I said, not liking being teased.

"It's cute bella. But there's no need to be worried, is there bambina?" She said, squeezing her arms around Elva and making her giggle.