Part 80

Carina POV

"Alright no worries, I'll call you later," Maya said before hanging up the phone.

"No?" I questioned.

"Andy's had a huge row with Sullivan and wants to try to sort it out," she informed me.

"Can Victoria watch her?" I asked, continuing to make my espresso.

"She's pulling a double shift," Maya sighed.

"That's okay, Elva can come with us," I said, seeing no other way around it.

"But we're shopping for her birthday," Maya wined, wanting to keep everything a surprise.

"We're not just shopping for her birthday, we do need other things. I can sneak her off somewhere when you want to buy her presents," I suggested.

"That would work," she said, a smile now on her face.

"Are you ready to go soon?" I asked, leaning against the wall and watching Maya sort out some documents.

"I'll be ready in two minutes, I don't think Elva's ready though," she said, sounding a little stressed.

"Oh and did the Mulan toys get delivered?" She added.

I put down my little espresso cup and walked over to her. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pulled her back away from the things on the table.

I spun her around to face me and glanced lovingly down into her blue eyes.

"What's wrong bellina?" I asked gently, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Nothing I'm fine," she replied unconvincingly.

"Bellina" I said, raising my eyebrow.

"I just want it to be perfect for her. I want her to have the best birthday she's ever had," she sighed, attempting to pull away from me but I kept my arms tight around her.

"Bella she will have the best time because she's here with us. She'll have her presents and her cake and her surprise trip to the zoo. It will be perfect bellina," I assured her.

"She deserves the best day," she said, falling forward into me. I placed a soft kiss on her head and raised her chin so she could look up at me.

"She has the best momma so she will have the best day," I said, kissing her.

She smiled, grabbed my waist and laughed, "She also has the best mama,"

"And the hottest mama," she added.

"Oh stop," I smiled, feeling heat rise in my cheeks

"Elva would agree with me," she replied.

"Elva thinks hot means warm," I pointed out.

"And let's keep it that way forever. This is the only birthday she's having, she's not growing up anymore," Maya said seriously.