Part 37

Maya POV

Feeling a slight weight on me, I opened my eyes and remembered where I was. I looked down and saw Elva still asleep on my chest, clinging on to me even in her sleep.

I stayed where I was for a few minutes just enjoying being here with her.

Carefully, I rolled her off me and climbed out of bed. I went to make some coffee and found Carina already in the kitchen.

"Good morning bellina," she smiled, wrapping her arms around me.

"Morning gorgeous," I replied with a yawn as I melted into her arms.

"Where did you go last night?" She asked, handing me a mug of coffee.

I sat down at the table.

"Elva came in crying, she'd had a nightmare and I didn't want to wake you up so went back to her room," I explained.

"Did she tell you what it was about?" Carina asked.

I shocked my head and gulped down some coffee.

"Nope," I sighed.

At that exact moment, Elva walked in the kitchen with crazy bed hair and sleepy eyes.

She came straight over to me and climbed up onto my lap.

"Morning bubba," I smiled, kissing her nose.

She smiled sleepily and put her head down on my chest.

"Do you want some juice bambina?" Carina asked her.

She shook her head and burrowed further into my body.

"Sleepy bubba?" I asked.

I felt her nod.

"What's the plan for today?" Carina asked me.

"I have no clue, what do you want to do bubba?" I asked Elva.

She didn't reply.

I looked down and realised that she'd fallen back asleep.

"I don't think we'll be doing anything any time soon," I laughed.

"Poor bambina, what time did she wake you?" Carina asked.

"Around 3am I think," I replied, stroking Elva's hair with my free hand.

"Let's leave her for a bit, we can look at some magazines if you want, get some ideas for redecorating the hall like you wanted?" Carina suggested.

"Ooo yes, I folded down some pages that I thought you might like," I said excitedly.

"Breakfast?" She smiled.

"Sounds good," I agreed.

She stood to start making breakfast while I finished my coffee and kept Elva comfy on my lap.

"You'll have to wake her up Maya, food will be ready in two minutes," Carina said as she got plates down from the cupboard.

"Elvie sweetheart," I whispered.

"Elva wake up bubby," I tried again, gently rubbing her back.

"Sit up for mommy," I said, lifting the half asleep girl up a little and trying to turn her round.

"Mmmm," she wined.

"Shhhh bub, wake up for me baba," I softly said, holding her on my knee to face to table.

"Mommy," she said, trying to turn back around.

"You're okay bubba," I said assuringly as Carina put our plates in front of us.