Part 66

Maya POV
We were settled down for the evening, watching a random documentary on the TV. Elva was fast asleep on Carina, who was laid back with her long, legs up resting on the sofa.

"So what did the lawyer say?" she asked, finally able to have this conversation now Elva was asleep.

"How long have you been waiting to ask that?" I smirked.

"All evening," she laughed, twirling her fingers through Elva's hair.

"What's your schedule like tomorrow?" I asked her.

"I'm busy in the morning but could move some things around later on," she informed me.

"Okay good because we've got a meeting at 4pm tomorrow at their office," I explained.

"What about Elva?" she asked.

"Andy's going to have her for a few hours. She said she'll take her to the park and for ice-cream," I smiled.

"Alright good, I didn't want to have to bring her with us," she sighed.

"No me neither, I also want her to get used to spending more time on her own with Andy," I added.

"Did the lawyer give anything away?" Carina quizzed.

"Not really, she's called Lindsay Jones and specialises in adoption and family law. She said she'd discuss everything in person. I've already emailed her all the information we've got," I told her.

"What will we do if we don't get to adopt her?" she said sadly, holding Elva close.

"We're not thinking about that, plus I can't see any reason the judge would say no," I shrugged.

"I'm going to go put her to bed, I want you in my arm next," she smiled, carefully standing up with a sleeping Elva.

"I'll lock up and switch everything off," I nodded, getting up myself to turn off the TV.

I got ready for bed and under the covers before Carina joined me.

"You took your time," I pointed out.

"She woke up a little as I was putting her in bed," she replied.

"Is she alright?"

"Si, she's fast asleep again," she said, stripping out of her clothes.

She was about to change into her pyjamas when I stopped her.

"Just get into bed," I smirked, pulling the covers down slightly to show her I wasn't wearing anything either.

"Aren't you worried about Elva waking up?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I wasn't bothered when she walked in last night," I shrugged.

"Now get into bed!" I laughed.

She dropped the clothes she was holding to the floor and moved to join. I instantly wrapped my arms around her waist, feeling the smoothness of her skin and pulling her closer.

The heat from my body quickly transferred, warming her up. She trailed her fingers down my arm, goosebumps rising at the touch.

She moved closer, our lips barely a centimetre apart.

"Now just try and be quiet," she said before gently biting down on my lip.

"I'll do my best," I breathed out in anticipation, watching her hand move from my arm and disappear beneath the covers.

The next morning, I woke up relieved to find Elva had slept though and stayed in her own room throughout the night.

Carina stretched her long arms above her head and yawned.