Part 97

Maya POV

"Elva come on sweetie, we need to go get you some new clothes for school," I called through the apartment.

I was stood by the door waiting for her to appear.

"Elva," I called again when she didn't come out her room.

I sighed and put my keys back down on the side and went to go find her.

"Elvie," I said gently, popping my head around her room.

She wasn't there.

But I knew exactly where she was.

I went back to my room to find her curled up alongside Carina who had succumbed to her jet lag and was fast asleep.

She'd powered through the previous day to look after me and ensure I was well taken care of. Today was her day to recover.

"Baby what're you doing there?" I whispered, seeing Elva attached to Carina.

"Mama cuddles," she whispered back, nestling her head further into Carina.

"We've got to go sweetie come on," I said, attempting to get her away.

"No mommy," she whined, wanting to stay with Carina.

"Let mama sleep," I said softly, walking over to the bed.

I bent down to carefully try and pry Elva away from Carina who was still managing to sleep soundly. I gently lifted her arm off of Elva and wrapped my arms around Elva's waist, lifting her up off the bed.

"Mommy no!" She shouted, kicking her legs in frustration.

I watched as Carina moved, unsettled by the noise.

Without another word, I carried Elva out of the bedroom and managed to close the door with one arm.

"Shhh Elvie don't wake mama," I warned.

"Mama," she screamed.

"Elva we don't shout like that," I said firmly, trying to stop her thrashing about.

"Want mama," she repeated, still just as loud.

"Elva no," I said seriously, my voice now a lot harsher.

I crouched down to her level and took hold of her arms, forcing them to be still.

"Look at mommy," I instructed.

"Elva, look at me," I said again.

She wriggled in an attempt to break free of my hold.

"Mommy," she cried, getting more and more worked up.

"I'm here Elvie, mommy needs you to take a big deep breath for me," I said slowly and calmly.

"Want mama," she sobbed again.

"Shhh calm down little one," I said, letting go of one of her arms and moving her hair out of her face.

"Breathe baby, breathe with mommy," I whispered softly.

Her little temper tantrum came to an end and her frustration turned to sadness. Her angry cries turning to "I just need a cuddle" cries.

"Come here," I said, opening up my arms for her to fall straight into.

"Shhh Elvie it's alright, get it all out," I soothed, standing back up with her in my arms.

I rubbed my hand gently across her back, her legs wrapped around my waist and head resting on my shoulder.