Part 113

Carina POV

"Right then bambina," I said when Maya, Andy and Vic left.

"Let's get baking," I smiled, holding out my hand for Elva to take.

She stood quietly for a moment staring at the back of the door Maya had just closed.

"Bambina?" I said gently.

"Hmmm?" She said, tilting her head to look at me.

"Come on, let's go," I said excitedly, wanting to keep her in a good mood.

"Cookies?" She asked, finally giving me a smile.

"Si bella," I laughed.

I lifted her up to the sink to wash her hands and sat her on the side while I collected everything we needed.

"Where's mommy going tonight?" Elva asked as I took out the scales.

"They're just going for some drinks," I told her honestly.

"Like a milkshake?" She asked innocently.

"A milkshake si but just for grownups," I smirked, picturing Maya sipping on a strawberry milkshake at her bachelorette.

"Mama when are you getting your pretty dress?" She asked, clearly full of questions this evening.

"Want to know a secret bella?" I whispered.

She nodded excitedly.

"I've already got it," I admitted happily.

"Can I see mama?" She asked, her eyes wide.

"Later bambina. We need to make these first," I chuckled.

I grabbed a chair and positioned it beside the worktop for Elva to stand on. Finally at the right height, I placed the mixing bowl in front of her.

I weighed out the dry ingredients and tipped them into the bowl.

"Okay bambina, give that a mix," I instructed.

She put her hands straight in the bowl and began combining the mixture.

"It's sticky mama," she laughed, holding up her hands to show me.

I took a picture and quickly sent it to Maya.

To: Bellina💕
I'll clean her up before you're home don't worry. Enjoy your night bella x

"Add the chocolate chips bambina," I smiled.

"Mama?"

"Si bella?"

"Can we have a sleepover in your room tonight?" She asked sweetly.

I thought about it for a second. I didn't know what state Maya would be in when she arrived home and didn't want Elva getting in the mix.

"Why doesn't mama have a sleepover in your room?" I suggested, hoping she'd fall for it.

"Okay mama," she agreed happily, turning her attention back to the bowl of cookie dough.

"Okay take a small amount and roll it into a ball," I told her, showing her myself and popping it on the tray.

I checked the oven was the right temperature while Elva arranged the cookies.

"Good girl bambina," I praised.

"Do you think mommy will like them?" She asked hopefully.

"Si of course. You're going to have to hide these from your mommy," I said, faking being all serious.