Part 51

Maya POV

"Elva come on sweetheart, we need to get you to school," I said.

"Stay home with mama," she cried, clinging onto Carina's legs.

"I'm going to work soon bambina, I'll be there to pick you up" Carina told her as she tried to remove Elva's arms.

"I come to work, gallery again," she sobbed.

"Wait what?" I asked.

Carina quickly shook her head at me.

"She didn't see anything. Amelia kept her facing the other way," she explained.

Elva continued to cry and attempt to her Carina to pick her up.

"Bambina shhhhh," Carina said again.

"Elvie come to mommy, we need to leave," I said gently.

She refused to move.

I moved towards the both of them. I carefully put my arms around Elva's tiny waist and pulled her back.

Carina quickly leant forward to kiss me before I lifted a struggling Elva onto my hip.

I grabbed her bag and walked towards the apartment door.

"Make sure you tell her teacher about her arm," Carina called out to me.

"I will, I'll see you later," I smiled.

"Ciao bellina," she replied.

I got Elvie and I down the stairs and out into the street before I finally put her down.
I took hold of her good hand and her cries turned to softer whimpers.

"Have you thought of your special treat yet?" I asked her in an attempt to distract her.

"N-not yet," she sniffled.

"Well until you decide, you can have that sleepover in our room tonight if you want?" I suggested.

"Come to station with you too?" She asked.

"Nice try bubba, you're going to school," I smirked.

I felt her hold onto my hand a little tighter.

"I'll walk you in today Elvie, I need to speak to Miss Thomas," I told her when we reached the gate.

Miss Thomas headed straight over to me.
I explained everything that had happened over the last few days with Jane, the adoption update, her wrist. I let her know that Elva might be a little extra sensitive after everything that had happened.

She said she'd let Carina or I know if there were any issues.

I crouched down to Elva's height.

"Have a good day sweetheart. Give mommy a cuddle," I said.

Her little body fell into my arms.

"Don't go mommy," she begged.

"I'll see you later bubba, look forward to our sleepover," I told her, kissing her head and pulling her arms off me.

Miss Thomas led her into class and I watched as Elva turned around to give me a sad little wave.

Elva POV

"You weren't in school again yesterday," Lewis said.

Me and Molly ignored him and sat down at our desk.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"My mama took me to the hospital to have a look at my arm. It got hurt," I told him.