Play 41 (giving thanks)

Mikey's Pov

"Tomorrow is thanksgiving and I want—no, I need you here Mikey

"Tomorrow is thanksgiving and I want—no, I need you here Mikey." My mom begs me through the phone along with pots and pans clacking through the line.

I lean forward against the counter top rubbing my face. "I know but—"

"Do you know? I haven't seen my baby in about a year when the rest of the world gets a taste of you every day. I know you think you grown or whatever but family still and always will come first. I'm not asking for a lot now." She says sternly and I nod my with the phone up to my ear still.

"You hear me talking to you?" She asks me after she dropped what sounded like a spoon. "Yeah I hear you ma." I chuckle to myself as I can hear all my cousins footsteps and screams through the phone. "Jason stop running all in this kitchen and Kayla you either gone be inside or out, no in between. Marvin control ya cousins please." She orchestrated the chaos taking me back to when I was younger.

"Jesus all these damn kids...so you'll come?" She asks me impatiently yet still heard hope in my tone. I sit up once I heard the front door being unlocked. "Ma, you know I'm a packaged deal." I remind her letting her know where my loyalty lies.

"Boy I don't care. Ugh the greens are spilling over, gimmie a minute." She hurried and I smile shaking my head as Zeena and Kez walk in with identical outfits. Both of their hair was pulled back neatly, wore a red beret hat and scarf to match with sunglasses and boots that was bigger than both they lil prissy asses.

"Don't worry ma, Ion want you to rush. We'll be there." I say before hanging up the phone and analyzing the two girls. The coffee cup in Kez's hand almost alarming me. "Calm thyself. It's just strawberry lemonade, love." Zeena explains taking her gloves off and sitting her coffee on the counter.

I ignore her comment and rubbed my hands on my face and curls once again. I gotta figure out a way to tell her that we gotta move Kez out by tomorrow.

"Why do you look troubled?" She asks me in her retired ass British accent that she developed as soon as she walked through the door. "Thanksgiving is tomorrow." I say knocking absently on the counter.

"I'm aware. I've already went shopping, the stuff is in the trunk—" she points behind with a smile but I didn't have time to nice. "We going to Daygo." I tell her and her face automatically switches up. "You fucking with me?" She asks below a whisper.

"Are you fucking with me?" Kez repeats after her and both of our heads snap to her. "Yeah time to go upstairs." Zeena says turning her towards the stairs. "That's why you not supposed to be all up in grown folk conversations." I announce as she walks up the stairs with her drink in her hand.

"I'll be up there in a second sweetie." Zeena yells up there before focusing back on me. "Mikey why the hell would you take us there when you know about Kez's situation?" She whispers lowly but her words were coated with concern.