Play 17 (censorship)

Mikey's Pov

I jolted out of my sleep at the sound of faint gunshots coming from outside

I jolted out of my sleep at the sound of faint gunshots coming from outside. My first initial reaction was to cover up Zeena's petite body with my own, but to my surprise she wasn't there.

After realizing it was just some good niggas downstairs, I flipped the sheets and called to the restroom for any sign of her but I was left with nothing. I sigh heavily laying back down and covering my eyes with my arm. Flashbacks of last night flying through my head.

I could still smell her sweet scent all on the sheets, still felt her sharp scratches on my back, even heard faint moans in my ear. "Mikey, open this fucking door!" I heard a familiar voice yell while banging on the door.

"Oh shit.." I curse to myself jumping out the bed and running over to the door looking through the peephole. "Fuck!" I whisper shout seeing Deja waiting in the hallway with all her stuff in her hand. She looked pissed.

I quickly put on my shorts and looked around the bed for my socks but stopped once I realized I kept them on. "Mikey!" I hear her shout again and I try to spray the room down before walking back over to the door.

I slowed down my pace and frowned to make myself seem sleepy again. I opened the door to a brewing Deja while leaning against the doorframe. "Wassup." I greet her casually and she smacks her teeth walking in past me.

"You were supposed to been pick me up for my tournament and where were you!" She starts off loudly still holding onto her duffle bag and backpack. She had on her basketball uniform and slides.

"Oh shoot, what time is it?" I ask looking for my phone but she stops me. "2 fucking 30!" She says making my eyebrows lift and she scoffs looking around the hotel room. "And this don't look like yo father's house, what are you even doing here?" She asks suspiciously.

I rub my forehead tryna find a answer but she sticks her hand out. "Doesn't matter. Point is, it's obvious that I can't depend on you for shit and I have to do everything on my own like always." She sighs tapping her foot and I lean my
head back obviously offended.

"What you talking bout? I oversleep one time and now I'm
not reliable? Don't do that Deja." I swat her off and she smacks her teeth getting more upset. "I could have missed this tournament Mikey!" She shouts as I stare at her blankly.

"Okay but did you?" I ask her and she drops all her stuff on the floor. "No, but we lost because I was concerned about what yo trifling ass was doing, and all the stress that you cause me was just building up! I couldn't even focus past the 2nd quarter." She covers her face up, me already knowing where this was going.

This wasn't even about me. It's about the confidence that she lacks with in herself. After the baby, she's been having a hard time bouncing back to the superstar she used to be, but been using me as an excuse.

I smack my teeth while walking over to her to console her sweaty body. As soon as my arms wrapped around her, she instantly starts sniffling and shaking.