Stage 19( Shower for two pt.2)

Zeena's Pov

"Damn, if they ask for one more picture

"Damn, if they ask for one more picture.." I mumble to Christian as I grab a glass of the blue bubbling champagne. "Facts like, a nigga can only smile so much." He admits grabbing one of the mini sandwiches on the platter.

I look around, watching as the guests enjoy themselves, while competing through social status. "You want one?" He offers and I shake my head. "Nah, I'm good." Never really in the mood to eat.

"Damn, it is big deep in here." He observes and I nod looking through the crowd. I frown, noticing a couple of paparazzi standing at the top of the building with their cameras. "On second thought, feed this to me real quick." I say putting my glass down.

I step closer to him with my arm around his waist and looked up at him as he perfectly feeds the sandwich to me. "You are so extra." He says in an annoying tone but his appearance ever so perfect.

"If it's not extra it's not right." I force my bite down, feeling the dull feeling of nausea. "In true Z Jelani fashion." He says wiping off the mayonnaise off of my lips before pecking them softly.

I caress his chin, as I extend our pecks into kisses for my personal sake. No further thought of the cameras. I break apart looking up at him. "So I was thinking maybe we could save up on some money and stay the night at my hotel. You know to talk about the album and all." I introduce flirtatiously.

Christian's face lights up in fluster but he shakes his head. "Talk, right. We both know that you just gone use me for dick or to make the next nigga jealous. We both know this ain't no real relationship." He scoffs looking at me and I bit my lip in thought.

"Well...have you ever thought about being for real?" I ask him in a softer tone, playing with his suit buttons. He sighs resting his hand on top of mine, gently releasing it from his jacket.

"Zeena...you perfect, like a dime. I can't see it getting any better than you. But you know I got this thing going with—"

"Breah. Yeah, I know." I cut him off slightly pushing off away from him. I smooth my dress out as he rubs his hands awkwardly. "But that's not to say that I don't like you. Cause I do, just...give me this time to figure my shit out." He says and I look away folded my
Arms at his stupid request.

"And time for you to as well." He adds on placing a hand on my elbow causing me to look at his genuine face. I stare in his eyes a while, seeing nothing but pity and I sigh feeling frustrated with myself. "That's fair." I say quietly clearing my throat.

He breathes out in relief and bends down to kiss my cheek. "Literal Queen." He points to me before walking away and pulling out his phone.

I look at him disappear and I my patience weared thinner and pain grew stronger. "Doesn't even matter, Zeena." I whisper to myself turning towards the platter, and opened up my clutch.