Stage 21 (Pheonex among feathers)

Zeena's Pov

"What you think?" Christian asks me after playing all our songs so far

"What you think?" Christian asks me after playing all our songs so far. I shrug sitting on the stool, playing with my feed in braids. "It's cool I guess." I say in the mic.

"You said that for the past 5 songs." He smacks his teeth and I look at him blankly through the glass. He sighs turning his chair to look at Saige who had her laptop open tapping away.

"I mean...it could be better." She says honestly and Christian claps his hands. "You hear that? Actual feedback. It's not like I'm talking to a fucking wall." He complains and I shrug again not really wanting to be here.

I didn't wanna be here. I didn't wanna be at home by myself. I don't wanna be around hella people. I didn't really wanna be anywhere. Obviously everybody and anything else didn't want me there either.

"Zeena, you gotta give me something shawty." He asks softly rubbing his face and I sigh opening up my lyric book to see it empty. "Maybe she just needs some inspiration." Saige speaks up closing her laptop and leaning toward.

"Well maybe you need to pull some out ya ass cause I don't know what to do with her." Christian mumbles getting up out of his seat not even looking at me. "Plus, I gotta date." He says pulling out his phone.

I roll my eyes at him because his petty comments are really unnecessary. Saige gets up and sits in the producers chair timidly looking at the turn tables.

"Let's pull up some tracks shall we." She plugs in her laptop connecting it with the turn table and I shake my head. "If you're trying to get me to write something, you can just go ahead and give up on that now." I inform her and she looks at me surprised.

"Oh...okay, well I'm technically not supposed to let you out the studio until 8 tonight so we can just talk..." She says looking around the studio before her eyes gets big. "That's if you want." She corrects and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"What is there to talk about? There's nothing but self disappointment going on in my life." I sigh resting on my crossed legs. "I find that hard to believe." She laughs under her breath and I look at her sideways.

"What? That I don't get disappointed?" I ask her and she quickly shakes her head. "No, that there's nothing to talk about. That with in itself says a lot." She comments before folding her arms. "Tell me. What's so disappointing?" She asks as if she was a scholar.

"Niggas." I shake my head playing with my fingers. "Talking about your love life?" She asks me and I scoff as my feet dangle from my stool. "Man, fuck love. And fuck niggas too." I say in the mic, tired of being let down.

She stares into space for some time as if she was debating with herself on something. "Well maybe that's the issue." She says making my head tilt to the side looking at her.

"Maybe you should focus on yourself and not these guys that continuously let you down like this." She explains looking at me through the glass. "Maybe it's time to love yourself." She says lowly and I perk up in my seat.