Stags 5 (Taste it)

Cece's Pov

"Definitely the chocolate one

"Definitely the chocolate one." I hum as I bite into the cake sample at the downtown cake parlor. "Nah, I fuck with the red velvet." Jalen says sitting in the stool next to me eating the whole cake instead of just the sample.

"Bae, you haven't even tasted the chocolate one and slow down, we just trying it out not dining in." I laugh watching as he ate more of the cake from the counter in front of him. "Hm?" He looks at me with doe eyes and my face softens at the sight.

"You are too cute." I say wiping off the icing with my thumb from his chin. "Let me try the vanilla." He moves his fork in that area but I stop him. "Uh, we are taste testing for Melo and Sarah's baby shower. This isn't free dessert." I remind him and he puts his fork down.

"Man now how come they couldn't make it again?" He asks smacking his teeth. "Because Melo had some hornets shit to do and Sarah had a doctors appointment." I explain writing down something I remembered about the tour on a sticky note from my purse.

"How come they couldn't just come another time?" He asks twirling in his stool. "Cause the baby shower is in a week and Zee already volunteered to go to all their appointments for them." I answer sticking the not on the back of my phone.

"And I know you not finna turn down no free food." I say looking up at him and he smiles proudly making his eyes disappear. "Yessir!" He howls and I giggle shaking my head at him.

"But hey.." he whispers pulling my stool closer to his. "Can you imagine going taste testing together for our big day?" He asks burying his face into my neck and I blush uncontrollably.

We already had the conversation of going a little farther in our relationship. Yes, marriage in which I want but the way our careers are looking, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

"You worrying about the wrong big day." I tell him softly turning my face to his pouting one, pecking his lips softly. "Are you excited for next Thursday?" I ask him sweetly happy for the day to come.

He sighs looking away. "I mean yeah of course, we the best draft class out right now." He says and I nod slowly. "Okay mr. Green." I see him getting a lil too cocky.

"Hey guys, sorry that I'm late. I had to deal with some fuck shit from the studio." Zee explains coming into the parlor almost breathless and she throws her purse on the ground. "But I'm here now." She takes a deep breath a smiles.

I turn towards her away from Halen showing her the sticky note. "By the way, I was just talking to Shanice about your schedule and you seem to have some availability in a couple of days to do a mini show for one of the songs on the album." I explain to her and she nods slowly.

"That's cool and all but I thought we were supposed to help you move in sometime this week." She says and my face instantly gets cold and I slightly shake my head.