Play 1 (new life)

Mikey's Pov

"And guys you were just listening to Drake and Z Jelani's Girls Need Love Too, first on—" I turn the radio off before sitting back down in my barber chair

"And guys you were just listening to Drake and Z Jelani's Girls Need Love Too, first on—" I turn the radio off before sitting back down in my barber chair. I slump down in my chair roughly fixing my cape.

"Boy you got one more time to get up from outta my chair." Bigfade says turning his clippers back on. "My bad, I just wanted silence real quick." I said lowly as he applies the clippers to my head.

"Nah, nigga is pressed." Dev laughs leaning against the kitchen counter with his arms folded. I glare at him before smacking my teeth. "Ain't nobody pressed." I mumbled looking down at my phone.

"Mmm everytime they play that lil girl's song, you get up and go to the bathroom or change the station. You been doing that for the past three weeks." Bigfade says dusting off the back of my neck.

"Cause it's starting to get annoying, like I know they got other shit to play." I complain as he dusts my forehead and sideburns. "If it was young boy you wouldn't be complaining." He says and I nod my head.

"Cause youngboy's shit is actually fire, no offense to Drake." I say looking back at him. "No, Zee is tight as fuck. You just still salty cause you chose Deja's pregnant ass over loyal Zee just for her to lose the baby and now you sulking in guilt. Cant even handle hearing her voice now." Dev analyzed making my jaws clench.

Dev smirks and I smack my teeth extra hard. "Devin, shut the fuck up!" I say angrily making both him and fade laugh. But nothings funny and he don't know what he talking about.

Yeah it's been both hard on me and Deja when we found out she lost the baby due to stress
; but that only strengthened our relationship. Now we can both focus on basketball full time. She got the new season to look forward to, I just signed this new deal. Things are really looking up, so he's wrong about me being salty. Im not, I'm happy.

"Shut the fuck up. Sound like a lil ass baby bruh." He laughs again and I was about to get up but Bigfade sprayed his alcohol on my neck making my grimace. Dev laughs even harder and I clenched my jaws.

"It's gone be me and you one day man." I shake my head staring at him and he smiles. "Great now I can see what got Deja and Zeena stuck on yo ass." He jokes and Bigfade sighs.

"Well from the looks of it, she ain't thinking nothing about the lil nigga." Fade says behind me looking at his phone and frown turning towards him. "What you talking about?" I ask him and he turns his phone towards me.

"This what she posted on her story." He says as I snatch the phone away from his hands. It was a video of her twerking all on some girl that I don't even know and everybody around her was hyping her up. When her face turned towards the camera, her face was flushed telling me she was drunk.

I roll my eyes and give the phone back to him. "She's fucking miserable." I say shaking my head in pity but Dev comes over to watch the video. "Mmm buddy I don't think so, never seen her happier." He comments with a tight lipped smile.