Play 16 (Stay-Inn)

Mikey's Pov

I wipe my mouth walking down the street towards my parked car where Deja was waiting in the passenger seat

I wipe my mouth walking down the street towards my parked car where Deja was waiting in the passenger seat. I looked both ways before opening my door and sliding in. "What took you so long?" She asks sipping from her water bottle.

"Melo needed to talk to me about something." I shrug my shoulders starting the car and she looks at me with a curious frown. "You still fuck with him?" She asks and I nod my head pulling out the street to make my way to Lakewood where my cousin's crib was.

"Yeah that's bro." I answer her pushing through the radio stations. Nothing was bopping like that. "But ain't he still fucking with what's her name?" She asks scratching her lip and I settled for the R&B station for now.

"Rahrah? Yeah why?" I ask her turning the music up before making my turn off of the highway.  "I mean it's like...never mind." She shakes her head and I ignore her as Jacques plays through the system.

I slowed the car down looking for the right address but kept staring into space thinking about how good Zeena looked tonight. Shit makes me go crazy for sure but she was dressed up for another nigga.

Deja hums along with Jacques on the radio and my eye twitches hearing his voice. "He has to sing at my wedding. That's a deal breaker." Deja informs referring to the radio. I mean the nigga can't sing for shit to me but that's just my opinion.

"How about you?" She asks me playing with my hair and I shrug not finding interest in the conversation. "Ion know, not him though." I answered pulling up the side of the house and unlock the doors.

She unsnaps her seatbelt and looks at me weirdly grabbing her duffle bag from underneath her. "So...why am I at yo cousin's house again?"  She asks fixing her hair looking out the window as I pick up my phone dialing my cousin number.

"Cause I got somewhere to be. Aye Tati, we outside." I said in the phone after she picks it up. "And where exactly you gotta be?" Deja asks folding her arms at me and I look out the window after Tati tells me she unlocked the door.

"Preciate it Cuzzo. Just some Overtime shit." I tell Deja as I seen the front door open with Tati stepping out. I look over at Deja expectingly but she wasn't getting out. "This late at night?" She asks me I sigh trying not to go off on her.

"Yes and I gotta go now. Don't worry Imma pick you up in the morning." I say opening up her door for her kissing her cheek and she smacks her teeth getting out the car. She grabs her duffle bag and slams the door before walking up the driveway.

I told them bye and I pulled out the street getting back on the highway to get back to Zeena. "Shut the hell up, nigga." I say under my breath changing the station to the jazz one, instantly feeling better, lighter even.

Normally I listen to that smooth Jazz shit to go to sleep and I don't even be realizing it. I guess over time it became a habit for me to listen to it when I first wake up and when I go to sleep.