Play 39(lil girl)

Zeena's Pov

I tap my nails along the island counter, looking at Kez eat her ice cream at the dining room table

I tap my nails along the island counter, looking at Kez eat her ice cream at the dining room table. Sofia the First playing loud on my tablet that I set up for her. "I hope you happy." I mutter to Mikey who stood on the opposite side of the counter looking at Kez as well.

"I never said to take her home. I just said she coming with us." He justifies calmly drinking from his water bottle almost pissing me off. "So what was I supposed to do? Leave her ass there?" I whisper yell folding my arms on the island.

"Obviously not, smart ass." He squints his eyes at me as I role mine in annoyance. I don't know what came over him offering my home up to this little girl like this. I mean it was raining and we don't know where her mama is. And I guess I don't know the first thing about kids or caring for them.

"So what's the plan if we don't find her?" I ask him expectingly and he shrugs. "Then we just keep her in longer, find a way to take care of her." He explains and I sigh stressfully my face resting in my hands.

"Baby what if the cops come looking for her?" I ask quietly resting my fist up to my mouth looking at him fearfully. He stares at me for a while before his gaze shifts to her them down at the counter top. "We gotta keep her safe, even if that means hiding her somewhere—." He mumbles knowingly.

"I know but I'm so tired of hiding Mikey." I shake my head along with my wary voice. He notices my tone and reaches his hand across the island to meet mine. "Look, we ain't even gotta worry bout that right nah." He whispers peacefully rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

I sigh trying to calm down and I look back over at her. Her poofy hair was in lose braids and she had a couple of berets missing. She had on a yellow coat that had stains on it and some Ugg like boots. Her deep brown skin was nice and smooth though, regardless of her habitation.

She was drawn to the tablet and had ice cream all on her mouth. "Should we go talk to her?" I ask him and he leans from against the counter making his way over to her. "Aye, lil girl." He calls out in an authoritative tone but I stop in front of him, placing a hand on his chest.

"Mikey." I mug him before turning back around and walking to her with a smile on my face. I pulled a chair next to her and Mikey did the same. "Hey little one." I greet sweetly getting her attention. She looks between the two of us with great eyes.

"Am I in trouble?" She asks timidly and I quickly look at Mikey before softening my face. "No but yo mama sure as hell is." Mikey comments and I kick him under the table giving him a glare. He subtly bucks at me before I roll my eyes and look back at her.

"No, baby. You're not in trouble." I sooth out rubbing her shoulder before taking her hand. "But we do need to know about your mom. Do you have any idea where she is?" I ask her softly look down at her face as it shifts from fear to slight sorrow.